Light-O-Rama Forums

I Heard the Bells on Christmas - Our first video for 2015

randallr

This years display is smaller because we're in the process of moving to a much, much larger public area following the onslaught of traffic last year. Hopefully, by this time next year it will be finished! Including our 80' tree, refitted with 12,800 pixels and elevated with a walkway inside it! 

Until then, S4 continues to work flawlessly this year with 19k channels.

Here is a video of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" by Casting Crowns.

https://youtu.be/Z0NbkBhvatA

Randall

• Like 2

AMAZING!!!!

Edited to include bigger font size after watching more of the video

Edited by EmmienLightFan

The Hor matrix is 16 ribbons. The two mirrored semi-flat trees are 16x100 square pixels (2" spacing). The three 360deg mini-trees were my first led trees in 2012. The outside two are RGB bulbs ziptied facing up, while the center one is the same but with pixels. 24x50 each. 

I definately believe pixels on 360deg trees is mostly a waste, except for vertical effects. I tried some on the front half only, but it's so sparse and dim compared to bulbs/ribbons pointed directly at you.

Next years return of our 80' tree will be pixels inside white wire-loom like our 2014 RGB tree. After Sabrina was so impressed last year with the view from under our tree while filming 'Great Christmas Light Fight, I decided it was time to build it so the public could go inside. It will have a railing to keep people away from touching, but also to help them stand up. Sabrina fell over when she first looked up and I had to catch her. (Thats why in the commercial ABC aired a bunch last year, it looks like I have my arm around her- I'd just stood her back up..I got a few jabs about the arm.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can say that again Ed... Randall thanks for all the help you provided me at the start of my hobby with Christmas lights. It was great meeting you and Kandi and I hope you two enjoyed the show. Sorry to say I did get Elvis on the roof before you.. Hahaha. The roof matrix was a huge hit this year..... I posted a couple of the links of video that shot for me with the drone.. Thanks again Buddy.

Jeff

Looks great on video.  I can only image what it looks like in person.   When I try and get my show on video it never even comes close to looking like being right there.

• The topic was locked