Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic color bulbs

ebrown1972

in my signature...........this is my 3rd year with ccp

s on the rooof

Steve, are you using all LOR items? Also how many ccp's do you use in your display? Thanks

When lor controllers are used in the pixel editor they need to be in enhanced mode in network preferences for lights to work .

Thanks Dennis, it now works as expected.  Just missed a couple of steps as I suspected.  I knew it had to be an Enhanced Network, but just didn't look for places in SE and HU to select this.  OVERSIGHT.....

UPDATED for others to read:

Just received a G3-MP3 Director and CCP100D Pixel set from LOR this week.  This is my first step in getting into the pixel mode after years of conventional LOR Sequencing with both LED and incandescent. This is all new to me.  So, I'm missing something here.  Probably something I've overlooked or just don't understand the concept as I should.  

In SE I used a 30 second audio file to create a musical sequence.  Used the defaults of Regular LOR controller 01, 8 channels.  Did some random sequencing of nonsensical lighting.  Saved this file as "Pixel Star.lms" and exited SE.  

Opened PE and went to Tools >> Manage Previews and clicked on NEW.  Gave it a name of "Pixel Star".  Selected Prop >> New and named the Prop "Pixel Star".  Under Lights, selected RGB and RGB Pixels.  Under Shape, drop down to Star, 2 strings, 50 nodes, 5 points and Top-Clockwise.  Under Channel, selected LOR, 320 (per information in CCB/P manual, 50x3, +10 intensity channels per string), unchecked Individual and Separate.  For #1, selected under Network, Aux A, and specified Unit # 02.  This gave me #1 Aux A 02, Start 1, End 150 and #2, again under Network, selected Aux A, this gave me #2 Aux A 02, Start 151 and End 300. Saved that page.  Saved the Preview Design dialog.  Closed Preview List with OK.

Still in PE, File >> Open >> "Pixel Star.lms" and Select Preview "Pixel Star" then OK.  Clicked Effect Generator to open that page.  Left side drop down selected Butterfly, and took all defaults.  Nothing done to mixer or Right.  Star is multi-color going counter clockwise.  Clicked OK.  Back on the sequencing page, clicked the Green ON square and highlighted the top line of Pixel Star for the entire 30 seconds and it shows white all the way to the end.  Clicking the Green PLAY button causes the Butterfly Star effect to show in the Left side.  Again as expected. Now File >> Save and File >> Save Intensity Data File and shows successful, click OK.  Close PE.  

Back in SE, Open File "Pixel Star.lms" and it seems OK.  Have the BLUE Pixel Props line at the bottom.  Click the "+" left of the Props and it shows Pixel Star, click on that and it shows LOR Aux A 02 1-300 (not 320).  But only 300 channels were allocated in PE channel setup even though 320 were specified.  

A STEP I MISSED. While still in SE, go to Edit >> Preferences >> Network Preferences, click on Aux A and check "Enhanced LOR Network" at bottom of dialog box and click OK.  Click Apply and then OK to exit Network Configuration dialog box.  Save and exit SE.  

Open HU and connect CCP100D to RS-485 adapter, Refresh to insure that the CCP100D is actually readdressed to 02, which it is.  Unhook the CAT5 from the RS-485 adapter.  Now select LOR MP3 tab at top.  Take all the defaults for simplicity.  Add Seq "Pixel Star.lms" and it shows green as it loads.  Now click Create Show and the Save to SD dialog opens.  Taking all defaults except for checking "SD Card is for new G3 Director", "With Dual Ports" and I MISSED THIS STEP ALSO. At the bottom of the Select Protocol section Net 2, check "Output LOR Enhanced".  Place show on SD card and successful competition.  

The G3-MP3 is connected via Net 2 to the CCP100D, its green LED and the red LED on the G3-MP3 are both flashing at this point.  Place SD card in the G3-MP3 and "init" appears for about 10 seconds and both LED's stop flashing and come on steady.  Then 1-01 and current time swap back and forth while the red LED on the G3-MP3 goes dark for a couple seconds and then comes back on with occasional periods of fading in and out.  

IT NOW WORKS.

Again, thanks Dennis for pointing me in the right direction.  

Edited by George Cotton

Steve, are you using all LOR items? Also how many ccp's do you use in your display? Thanks

I use 800 ccp's to outline the house.  My candy canes and little trees use dumb strips with 27 channel DMX controllers.

oh ok I use the app so I can't see signatures. Can u post link https://vimeo.com/68891351 Does this work?
didnt see anything but "did this work"
oh ok I use the app so I can't see signatures. Can u post link  Does this work?
nevermind found it. When I hit quite it showed up

Steve nice video there. I have brick not siding. May be harder to attach to brick. And to my gutters. As I like to hang mine on the shingles and gutters where I have em

• The topic was locked