Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic color bulbs

ebrown1972

For those of you who use cosmic color bulbs how do you like them? The only thing rgb that I use are ccp's but I want to do some outlining of my house next year and am thinking about going with the bulbs for this. Compared to the pixels are they brighter or about the same? I wonder if they kind of give the look of a C9 bulb? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

My understanding is that the CCP and CCB use the same LED, but a different packaging.  Don't know if that's correct.

I had some CCB strings go out due to the controller getting wet.  I substituted CCPs on two of my 8 trees.  The color between the two is very similar, but the CCPs have a sharper, brighter bulb and the CCBs, because of the cover, aren't quite as bright. 

The new CCB's on my roofline look great!  I have just 100.  The controller is on the roof, obviously.  The bulbs are standing like dominos attached on either side with binder clips to the shingles.  Some are attached under the eve with binder clips.  They add a new dimension to my show.  Colors are strong and deep.  The white is cool, not warm, but I can probably use a tool to tweak the color by adding some yellow.  Not a big deal.  Very happy with the look.  Looking forward to the sales again.

• 2 weeks later...

How does everyone attach their pixel bulbs and bullet pixels to their house? I will be looking at outlining all of my windows with bullet pixels next year and and possibly the outline of my house with either bullet or pixel bulbs. If anyone could share some pictures of their setup with this that would be greatly appreciated. I used pixel strips for my pixel tree but not sure how this would work on the house.

Thanks

How does everyone attach their pixel bulbs and bullet pixels to their house? I will be looking at outlining all of my windows with bullet pixels next year and and possibly the outline of my house with either bullet or pixel bulbs. If anyone could share some pictures of their setup with this that would be greatly appreciated. I used pixel strips for my pixel tree but not sure how this would work on the house.

Thanks

I built frames for all of my windows for CCB's. It was a little more work up front, but it saves install/take-down time and gives me the consistent look every year.

I just used pine wood and put a few coats of primer on it and used a staple gun to put shingle speed tabs to hold the CCB's in place. They have been going strong for 3 years now.

I used gutter clips to put CCB's on my roofline and they look good as well.

post-11400-0-59311900-1451317643_thumb.j

post-11400-0-13459500-1451317696_thumb.j

post-11400-0-17509500-1451317782_thumb.j

Robigd,

Thanks for the quick response. Those look very good and simple which i like. I do not currently own any pixel bulbs. I assume the lens cover is removable on the bulbs since you used shingle tabs and gutter clips? Once again thanks!

Robigd,

Thanks for the quick response. Those look very good and simple which i like. I do not currently own any pixel bulbs. I assume the lens cover is removable on the bulbs since you used shingle tabs and gutter clips? Once again thanks!

Nope, didn't have to remove anything. The bulbs fit right through the shingle tabs perfectly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Read post #23 for a solution UPDATE:   

Just received a G3-MP3 Director and CCP100D Pixel set from LOR this week.  This is my first step in getting into the pixel mode after years of conventional LOR Sequencing with both LED and incandescent. This is all new to me.  So, I'm missing something here.  Probably something I've overlooked or just don't understand the concept as I should.  

In SE I used a 30 second audio file to create a musical sequence.  Used the defaults of Regular LOR controller 01, 8 channels.  Did some random sequencing of nonsensical lighting.  Saved this file as "Pixel Star.lms" and exited SE.  

Opened PE and went to Tools >> Manage Previews and clicked on NEW.  Gave it a name of "Pixel Star".  Selected Prop >> New and named the Prop "Pixel Star".  Under Lights, selected RGB and RGB Pixels.  Under Shape, drop down to Star, 2 strings, 50 nodes, 5 points and Top-Clockwise.  Under Channel, selected LOR, 320 (per information in CCB/P manual, 50x3, +10 intensity channels per string), unchecked Individual and Separate.  For #1, selected under Network, Aux A, and specified Unit # 02.  This gave me #1 Aux A 02, Start 1, End 150 and #2, again under Network, selected Aux A, this gave me #2 Aux A 02, Start 151 and End 300. Saved that page.  Saved the Preview Design dialog.  Closed Preview List with OK.

Still in PE, File >> Open >> "Pixel Star.lms" and Select Preview "Pixel Star" then OK.  Clicked Effect Generator to open that page.  Left side drop down selected Butterfly, and took all defaults.  Nothing done to mixer or Right.  Star is multi-color going counter clockwise.  Clicked OK.  Back on the sequencing page, clicked the Green ON square and highlighted the top line of Pixel Star for the entire 30 seconds and it shows white all the way to the end.  Clicking the Green PLAY button causes the Butterfly Star effect to show in the Left side.  Again as expected. Now File >> Save and File >> Save Intensity Data File and shows successful, click OK.  Close PE.  

Back in SE, Open File "Pixel Star.lms" and it seems OK.  Have the BLUE Pixel Props line at the bottom.  Click the "+" left of the Props and it shows Pixel Star, click on that and it shows LOR Aux A 02 1-300 (not 320).  But only 300 channels were allocated in PE channel setup even though 320 were specified.  Save and exit SE.  

Open HU and connect CCP100D to RS-485 adapter, Refresh to insure that the CCP100D is actually readdressed to 02, which it is.  Unhook the CAT5 from the RS-485 adapter.  Now select LOR MP3 tab at top.  Take all the defaults for simplicity.  Add Seq "Pixel Star.lms" and it shows green as it loads.  Now click Create Show and the Save to SD dialog opens.  Taking all defaults except for checking "SD Card is for new G3 Director" and "With Dual Ports".  Place show on SD card and successful competition.  

The G3-MP3 is connected via Net 1 (or Net 2) to the CCP100D, its green LED and the red LED on the G3-MP3 are both flashing at this point.  Place SD card in the G3-MP3 and "init" appears for about 10 seconds and both LED's stop flashing and come on steady.  Then 1-01 and current time swap back and forth while the red LED on the G3-MP3 goes dark, the green LED on the CCP100D stays steady.  

This is where it stops.  Nothing happens with the lights even though they were tested over and over via the HU and all seem to be working and the controller channel is right.  I have tried both Net 1 and Net 2 on the G3-MP3 with the same results.  I've even checked and changed the CAT5 cable between them even though it checks and works fine with the HU and the CCP100D unit.  

Edited by George Cotton

If you look at my video, you can find another as to how I did my ccp's.  With that said, I can't help wonder how many viewers could tell the difference, or even care what size the lights are.  This is truly just my opinion, but I never understand spending the extra money on the CCBs.  I would love to have an actual number from the viewers as to what looks better. I bet better than 9 out of 10 could care less about bulb size or type.  So for my $$$$, the CCP is the way to go.........just my opinion and I understand why the traditionalist in all of us cling to the old c9 style.

Steve

If you look at my video, you can find another as to how I did my ccp's.  With that said, I can't help wonder how many viewers could tell the difference, or even care what size the lights are.  This is truly just my opinion, but I never understand spending the extra money on the CCBs.  I would love to have an actual number from the viewers as to what looks better. I bet better than 9 out of 10 could care less about bulb size or type.  So for my $$$$, the CCP is the way to go.........just my opinion and I understand why the traditionalist in all of us cling to the old c9 style.

Steve

where is your video

in my signature...........this is my 3rd year with ccp

s on the rooof

Edited by steve synek

in my signature...........this is my 3rd year with ccp

s on the rooof

oh ok I use the app so I can't see signatures. Can u post link