Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR not lighting up with "All Lights On"

snowman

Hi, I just added two CCR ribbons to my regular LOR show for the first time. During a song I am able to play use the CCR, and it looks great. The show is 6 songs long and takes about 15 minutes to play. I have the show set to run every hour and between shows I turn "All Lights On". However the CCR does not come on completely. Only the first foot or so lights up. I wanted the whole ribbon to light up. I'd even be okay if none of it came on, but a foot looks terrible.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

How did you add the CCR's to the sequence?

When you say only the first foot or so lights up, it sounds like your only lighting up 16 or so channels ... which has me thinking you added the CCR into the sequence incorrectly.

The same thing happens with the CCBs.

I created a sequence to run once, so I could test a string of RGB pixels I replaced.  (I did not replace any CCBs)  

I didn't realize "keep lights on after" was checked, and noticed the first 4 or 5 bulbs in each CCB string were lit.  Interesting that the RGB Pixels running off an E681 via an ELOR were not on.

Yes - the CCB's run correctly during my other sequences... they just don't turn on after the show - (actually not sure if I really want them to turn on after the sequence).

Walt

Edited by wbaker4

To add them: I used the Superstar Sequencer to build a sequence for the song I have. I then saved, and then exported the sequence (to a .lms).

I then opened up my regular sequence in the Sequence editor, created two new devices, one for each unit. My regular sequence has three units, 01,02,and 03. I numbered the two CCRs 0A and 0B. I numbered the two new devices as 0A and 0B. Keeping the regular sequence open, I opened up the new sequence I had previously exported. I then highlighted and copied the two channels (devices). Then clicked on the regular sequence Tab. The new devices showed one long cell for each device. I clicked on the first cell (which is the length of the whole song) and pasted the two devices. I am able to expand each device and I can see the different cells colored as I expected to see. This is the only song that I have built a sequence for. In all my other songs I created the two devices, then expanded them, made sure nothing was turned on and simply saved as is.

During the one song where I have a sequence, the CCRs behave perfectly. And while the other 5 songs play the CCRs are both completely out, as they should be. But in the time between hourly shows, I am getting the first foot or so lighting up. The song with the CCR sequence is 3rd in a show of 6 songs.

Oh, I also have three shows that play back to back. The actual show plays in the middle. I have two other shows that are one minute long, but run continuously, repeating for a couple of hours on either side of the true show. Basically a lights on show. For this show I followed the same steps, exporting and opening and cutting and pasting. I had the CCR do a snowfall (my gracious description) for the duration. This worked fine as well in the starting show. But in the following show, all I get is the 1 foot lit up again.

I read the message wrong.

One thing you could do is create a "All On" sequence use that as the filler sequence, instead of the default 'All On' option in the HWU.

Okay, I guess I would create that sequence for a 45 minute period? Then have it run as the last sequence in the show. I am assuming the "Run every Hour" will override on the hour and start the show again. Is that about right? (The regular show runs for about 15-16 minutes right now.)

Okay, I guess I would create that sequence for a 45 minute period? Then have it run as the last sequence in the show. I am assuming the "Run every Hour" will override on the hour and start the show again. Is that about right? (The regular show runs for about 15-16 minutes right now.)

You could create it for a 45 second period if you wanted. The filler sequence would keep repeating until the next show starts (on the hour, based on what you have it set at.)

Hi Don, I am a tad confused. I don't understand how to create a filler sequence. I have created a sequence that is 1 minute long that simply turns on all lights. I then add it in to my presentation as a show that runs after my regular show. It is set to run from 9L30pm until 11:00 pm and it repeats continuously. But what I need and what I think you are telling me, is a sequence to place in my regular show, with my other 6 musical sequences, and have it run repeatedly. But I don't schedule a sequence, I just schedule a show. And the regular show runs from 6pm until 9:30 pm. How do I add a filler sequence? Or do I schedule a second show over top of the regular show and it will play in between the hourly runs? I haven't tried that, I assumed only one show would run at a time, and the regular one is running from 6 to 9:30.

And thank you for your suggestions. It is appreciated.

When you said, "Run on the hour" in a message above, I assumed you were talking about the "Run hourly" option in the Hardware Utility.

See this image

If you set Hourly here, and use the 45second filler sequence, then it will keep playing until the top of the next hour. 

OOHhhhhh!! I hadn't noticed that "Filler" option in the Action to take. I only read "Lights On" and "Lights Off". My eyes skipped right over "Filler". Now I get it. Thanks for pointing that out so clearly even I couldn't miss it. I'll set that up tomorrow and see how it works.