Light-O-Rama Forums

What questions do you get asked?

godman

Though it would be fun to hear the questions everyone get asked about their display...

The top 2 questions I get are:

#1 Where do you store all this stuff?

#2 When do you start setting up your display?

What questions do you get asked?

#1- how long does this take you to do? I always say I've been working on it since January lol

#2- how much is your electric bill? Not much 90% led

#3- how do you get pictures on your tree

Most common ones I get asked are: "How do you get the lights to animate like that to music?",  "How are they controlled?"  And  my favorite one is this one: "Where or what store do you buy your lights that do all those {cool./neat/awesome} effects at?, I'd like to go buy some for my house!"

where did you buy those mini trees? the power bill question, don't your neighbors hate you? Where do you keep it? How much did you spend?

A new one for me this year...

Him, do you have any john legend in the show? 

Me,No I don't,

Him, well can you do it? 

Me, are you proposing or something?

Him, No I just want a romantic moment with my girlfriend

Me, sorry dude

Him, do you have any romantic songs in your show

Me, no

him, so can you do john legend?

me, no and if i did it would really suck anyways, have a good day!

The questions I get are

Is it hard to do?

How much does all the stuff cost?

How much does it raise the electric bill?

and my favorite...

Are you crazy??

Today a boy asked me if I sit in the garage all say turning the switches off and on.

Would be possible, in theory, for a ordinary light strang display, but I have a pixel display, so a lot of switches.

Neighbor: "Why would you waste your time and money putting up all these lights?"

Me: "So I can enjoy the smile on your wife and kid's faces"  

• Like 1

What we think are silly questions are genuine questions to other people who are curious about the hobby. I am always happy to answer what I can being this is only my second year. I figure it's a way to get people interested but yes I do get a lot of those questions that are sort of funny. I used to think about those questions until I started doing this myself.

My other hobby is beekeeping. Do you know how many people ask me if I ever get stung?

Three times a I got a question that I don't recall from other years.    Do the lights bother you inside the house?    We answer that we have blinds and curtains and don't even notice anything. 

I also get a lot of what do your neighbors say and how much is your electric bill.  How long to put up is common which they like when I answer a week not knowing that putting up is a small fraction of total hours.

What we think are silly questions are genuine questions to other people who are curious about the hobby. I am always happy to answer what I can being this is only my second year. I figure it's a way to get people interested but yes I do get a lot of those questions that are sort of funny. I used to think about those questions until I started doing this myself.

My other hobby is beekeeping. Do you know how many people ask me if I ever get stung?

Do you get stung?

• Like 1

One of my favorite questions is "How do you get the radio station to play your music?".

+1 on the other questions mentioned.

Mark

I get this one too alot...I almost laugh out loud everytime.

How do you do this? very carefully

You must have a big electric bill? Nope

How long does it take to set this up? several weeks

How long is the show? 45min

Are you in IT or something? DUH

Do your neighbors hate you? I don't know and don't care

Can you do my house? Yes but you can't afford it!!!

Hey LORisAwesome!

Only when I do something stupid which for me is quite frequent. My bees are calm until I smash one on accident. They don't take too kindly to that.

And as far as the radio station playing my music I just tell people I have a lot of pull around town and they gladly give up their regular programming for 3 weeks in order to play my music. That really impresses my neighbors and I always get extra cookies during our cookie exchange!

Eric