Light-O-Rama Forums

Light Show in my Town but losing at an unfair advantage

jaztram

Hello fellow enthusiasts. So my town is having a first year lighting contest this year and its a pretty exciting thing for me. I have many fans that come by but it would make it that much cooler if i had the local trophy for this year. Ultimately its for fun but i am somewhat competitive so im sure you understand. This thing has turned into a popularity contest instead of a" come by and look and truly vote on your favorite contest" and its kind of annoying. There are two other contestants that have the most likes and ironically they both use generic Walmart styled preprogrammed light boxes that move lights. Dont get me wrong they are pretty decent but does not compare to mine or my time i put into the sequencing. I  dont have the greatest lightorama show but i like it and it takes me lots of time. I run 32 channels and just added a homemade singing face this year.    I was hoping that you could go to Facebook and type in GRUNDY BANK and vote on 116 Meadors Circle for me.  Thank you

FACEBOOK LINK    https://www.facebook.com/grundybank/photos/a.225115427606217.49601.224223411028752/842657512518669/?type=3&theater

ONE OF MY SEQUENCES

Thank you

J'son Trammel

Or, it could be all in what the voters like and their personal taste in lights.. Ya just never know..

I like the music.  What version is this?

Edited by plasmadrive

I run a business that holds some contests during the year. We enter a couple different ones also.

I have learned it is almost always a popularity contest. You need to get friends and family to vote.

Used to bug me but got used to it over the years so just play the game...

If you know it's a popularlity contest, don't quite see the pride in winning such an event.  Not if it's simply who can round up the most friends/family/co-workers/forum members to vote for something.   If you enjoy the hobby and get warm fuzzy feedback from visition, then you already have a "winning" display.

• Like 1

If you know it's a popularlity contest, don't quite see the pride in winning such an event.

Some don't care about pride. They want the bragging rights.

Sent

I gave up on the whole thing after the 3rd day when it became out of control. It was a bad method in trying to vote for the winner. 

• The topic was locked