Light-O-Rama Forums

Make CCR Depict VU Meter

Army Lights

Anyone ever used a couple of vertical CCRs to depict a VU Meter? I'm muddling through it manually, using the VU Wizard to help create my timings, BUT, I'm wondering if there is any workaround to somehow make the CCR replicate a VU meter. i.e. assign certain segments of the CCR to certain ranges of amplitude. 

My manual version is pretty sweet lookin' so far. I've got Green, Yellow, and Red ranges, but of course it doesn't bounce quite as perfectly as a VU would. 

Any ideas?!

Chris

There is / was a tool from BobO which did exactly what you are looking for. It pretty much created all the sequence parts for a VU meter: http://itsmebob.com/SD.html Or if you want real fancy use Madrix Spectrum Analyzer...

Thanks, I played with it, but I couldn't get any quick results that were worthwhile...yet. I'm sure it's a great program, I just need to spend some more time on it. In the meantime, I've created a pretty cool effect on my own using the timings from the VU tool. 

On another note, I'm using his flipper. WOW, what a simple, yet incredibly useful tool. Saving me SO much time!

Chris