Light-O-Rama Forums

Upgrading to s4

ebrown1972

I currently run s3 but I do have an upgrade date until January 7th and at that time I plan on downloading the newest version. I do all of my sequencing with superstar and at this time I run 4 residential controllers and 8 ccp's. I plan on adding quite a few more ccp's next year and sticking with all LOR products. My question is does the visualizer in s4 have more options for rgb items? I always import my visualization into superstar and I am just curious if s4 visualizer has more options than s3 or is it pretty much the same? Thanks

If you're sticking with the LOR products, Not going to see much difference as far as how you set it up. The MAJOR difference you will see is in the performance. With the enhanced engine, the visualizer is much more smooth during playback. 

I'm running the equivalent of 51+ strings of 50 pixels with some sequences at 400+ Mb. During sequencing and watching on the Visualizer, it looked exactly how they look now on the physical display. Oh and I use Superstar for about 95% of my sequencing.