Light-O-Rama Forums

Flickering of the rgb

Denise Brunner

Hi,  I have been running my pixel tree for about two weeks, all running well.  Today I added my matrix.  Pixel tree universes 1-20, matrix universes 21-25, each on own e682 controller.  Both run perfectly fine by themselves.  Add them together, the matrix is fine, but the pixel tree almost has a strobe effect.  If I remove the sequence for the matrix from the show, tree is again fine.  Running through a netgear 10/100 switch.  

Are you using multicast or unicast?

Can I assume that although the pixel tree is listed as universes 1 - 20, not all of those are used, or there are two E682s for the tree and a third for the matrix (since an E682 does not support 20 universes)?

Is this on a dedicated LAN, or is it shared with other house traffic?

each 682 has its own address, I am running in unicast and its on a dedicated LAN so there is no other traffic. I believe the pixel tree only is using 9 universes 

Edited by Denise Brunner

I think what he was asking is assuming you are using an intensity file from either SuperStar or Pixel Editor for the pixel tree, do you also have the channels for the pixel tree in Sequence Editor?  That could result in the exact situation you are describing.

Both the sequence playing on the pixel tree and the animation sequence playing on the matrix were made on the pixel editor.  The pixel tree is playing in the musical portion of the show and the matrix is play in the background portion of the show.  Both had the intensity file save to their original file.

Do they one or both have the channels for both props? This sounds suspiciously like both files have the channels for the Pixel tree.

Keep in mind that I have not done much with Pixel Editor, but from what I recall, PE has a similar functionality. So my example is largely SS based.

SS let's you set up a visualization in Visualizer and import that configuration (both layout and channel configuration). If you were to use a visualization that had both the matrix and tree and create a sequence for the matrix only (with the tree channels turned all off), and then using the same visualization create a sequence for the tree only (with the matrix channels off), the result would be conflicting commands - channels for the tree would be receiving command from the sequence done for the matrix (all off), and the sequence for the tree (doing stuff).

Now before someone jumps on me, this is a simplified description because I'm trying to type it on my phone on a bouncing bus, and my unfamiliarity with PE. Not exactly sure how you deal with two sequences for the same song and does it merge two intensity files. But you should get the idea.

Appears that was the problem.  If I copy and paste the matrix into the sequence that has the pixel tree and then only run that, it works both look good.  I see some "noise" in one set of nodes on the matrix, but will work on that. But getting one step closer.