Light-O-Rama Forums

Added CCR arch, now regular channels WAY out of sync

Smibo

Sorry if this post is redundant; I thought I read a similar post here before, but can't find it anymore. Anyway, here's the scenario:

-  2 LOR1602 controllers, and an LOR1602 G3-Mp3, running regular LED light strings, everything works fine. Mp3 file is constant bit rate (CBR).

- Added a CCR arch (one CCR, full length), morphs chasing from top (center) of arch, running down both sides. So far, so good.

- 2 shows on the SD card; show2 (one animation sequence) "runs when powered on", show1 (one musical sequence) interrupts show2 when triggered, plays one time only, then show2 resumes.

When I play the musical sequence from my laptop/RS482 adatper, everything is fine. When I write the shows to the SD card and try to play it through the G3-Mp3, the CCR is okay, but the regular lights are firing about 11 seconds behind the music!

I've gone into SE and removed the CCR device, saved that sequence and wrote it to the SD card, and everything is good again (except no CCR, obvs). As soon as I add the CCR again, the timing of the regular lights gets WAY out of whack.

Both SE and SS are using 0.05 centisecond timings. CCR device in SE is copy/pasted from exported "*_sup.las" file (no audio file in SS). I tried making a new SS sequence using the same CBR Mp3, exporting that to a "*_sup.lms" file, and copy/pasting it into SE, and it still messes up the timing of my regular lights (but only when played by the G3-Mp3 - when played from computer it's fine).

What am I missing?

I am not the programmer for the G3-MP3 director. You would get the best information on it by submitting a help ticket.

Are you running one or two networks from the G3-MP3 director. What network speed are you using? If you are not using 500k you could try running at 500k and see if that helps.

Also, you can do is get the latest version of the S4 software and the latest version of the firmware for the G3-MP3 director

I am not the programmer for the G3-MP3 director. You would get the best information on it by submitting a help ticket.

Are you running one or two networks from the G3-MP3 director. What network speed are you using? If you are not using 500k you could try running at 500k and see if that helps.

Also, you can do is get the latest version of the S4 software and the latest version of the firmware for the G3-MP3 director

Thanks, Brian.

The G3-Mp3 is running just one (regular) network, and I had left it at the default network speed of 57k. I'll try changing it to 500k,and test that first. If still no joy, I'll try putting the CCR on an aux network, and see if that makes a difference. I thought I was using the latest S4 (4.2.10), but now I see that 4.2.12 is available, so I'll get that. The G3-Mp3 is fairly new (this year's summer sale) but I'll make sure it has the latest firmware too.

I'll try to get all that done this afternoon, and report back.

Thanks again!

Okay, turns out that just changing the network speed to 500k was all it took! Works like a Swiss watch now.

Thanks for your advice Brian, and sorry for posting this in the wrong sub-forum. It probably belonged in "Hardware" discussions. I'll pay more attention in the future.

Thanks again!

Brian in the channel configuration what is the best setup for the 12 ccr tree   smooth ramps, warm or cool white ,raw colors,  balanced?what do you recommend  thanks Dennis Laff

Cool white LEDs are a bluish white. Warm white LEDS are yellowish white. Most CCRs are cool white, but some are warm white.

In the Sequence Editor set red, green, and blue to 100% for all pixels. Run it in a loop. If they look bluish white set "cool white". If they look yellowish white set "warm white"

Smooth ramps will make fades that are 1 second or longer ramp down more smoothly. It does this by splitting them into 10 shorter ramps. But you will be hard pressed to notice the difference. I recommend not selecting smooth ramps.

I recommend balanced color mode.