Light-O-Rama Forums

Com Port Listener failed

Kyle Whitaker

So tonight the show stopped running when the next song was supposed to start.  I went to the computer and it said something about the com port listener failed with an OK button.  Of course there were many people out there waiting and confused as to what was going on so I did not take a lot of time to document the issue and just hit the ok button.Once I did, the show re-enabled and started back up.  The song that it failed on was listed as running even though it was not but everything worked fine after that.  Has anyone seen an issue similar to this?  Working with computers I know that if somethign happens once, it will happen again.

I've not experienced that but I'm wondering if your antivirus program was running? If so, it might have stopped it to check it for embedded virus/mare. If you were running the AV, I suggest you turn it off and also disconnect from the internet just in case

That could be it. I bought it new and it is not connected to the Internet but I bet it has something preinstalled that might have popped up and tried to run. Thanks for the suggestion.