Light-O-Rama Forums

YouTube Dislikes?

EmmienLightFan

Dont you have the ability to NOT allow people to comment on YouTube???

Its not the comments that are the issue, I left a comment on one of his videos asking about all the dislikes, at the time the video only had like 160 views. My theory on it is that one person who did not like it used multiple accounts to down vote the videos. Because there are so many dislikes for so few views, I usually don't get any likes or dislikes until my videos hit at least 300 views so this just seems odd to me.

I think that the dislikes come from people at my school who don't like me. I put the YouTube channel name on the sign outside.

That's why I have my videos on my own website, meaning that I don't have to deal with the "copy right protection" on music/videos from YouTube and Facebook and "comments/likes/dislikes/etc.

If you own a website should post your videos/pics/etc on it and just show your work to the ones who we are really interested in this hobby not to the hatters that doesn't appreciate the effort we all do.

It would be really nice to get the YouTube likes higher than the dislikes. Easily achievable on the Uptown Funk video with a bit of social media sharing, but I don't think I can get the other video to over 14 likes.

I have owned several YouTube channels. Here is my most successful

https://www.youtube.com/user/SongsBackwards1

I like YouTube and I want as many views as possible. Nobody knows about my show yet, apart from less than 10 groups of people who have stopped and watched and the people opposite, neighbour on one side and someone further up the road. YouTube is a way that I can share it with the whole world, and people can find it on YouTube and then maybe come to the real show.

Since I have started putting this year's videos on my website which has the direct link to Vimeo where I upload my videos.....I have had 5,288 loads and plays in 1 week and NOT ONE DISLIKE. On the otherhand I have NOT HAD ONE LIKE either....lol. kevinkolak.com

Dont you have the ability to NOT allow people to comment on YouTube???

Yes, but this is dislikes, not comments.

I can stop people seeing how many likes or dislikes a video has though.

Since I have started putting this year's videos on my website which has the direct link to Vimeo where I upload my videos.....I have had 5,288 loads and plays in 1 week and NOT ONE DISLIKE. On the otherhand I have NOT HAD ONE LIKE either....lol. kevinkolak.com

You use Vimeo. Vimeo is used mainly for commercial videos and isn't really social media like YouTube is. Few people have an account on Vimeo, and it takes an account to leave a like or dislike. However views still count whether you are logged in or not.

When I have all my videos, I will put them together and upload that to Vimeo, similar to what I did with my Halloween show. Google "Alpha Road Christmas Lights"

Man, don't get upset about youtube likes.  Usually, if you have a bunch, that means your show is getting lots of view.  My Halloween show currently has 76.  But then again, I've got 2200 likes so.... again, who cares...  Its all just fun anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LKpTDv4ejU

Edited by marsh28

You missed my point.....use Vimeo if you get upset with seeing dislikes....then you can be fat dumb and happy like me.

• Like 1

if they dont like mine... I dont really care... they arent anyone to me and I do it for myself and dont really care if they like it or not... and no way you are going to make most of the people like things that spend their time searching you tubes because they dont have anything better to do.. and the ones who like it and just arent saying anything still outnumber the ones who say nothing good about anything that anyone does..  and some will dislike for the simple reason they dont like the music you used.. or its not head banging rock or rap... so they automatically dont like it.

Its kinda funny though when you get dislikes about a video on you tube etc. and then you have a lot of other people asking in other places if it is something you are sharing because they want a copy if you are.. 

You guys have probably never heard of that song.

It is every where here. Every other advert has that song, it is on the TV and radio and every one is playing it.

It is by the runner up of the XFactor last year.

• The topic was locked