Light-O-Rama Forums

YouTube Dislikes?

EmmienLightFan

I know everybody has their own opinion but overnight I received 17 dislikes on my YouTube videos. I looked through the anaylitics and 78% of video views are coming from "Embedded in other websites", and that must mean here as it is the only website I know it is embedded on. 78% of all my video views is 100, leaving 9 views not from here. If I have 17 disliked then that means at least 8 came from here.

I have received nothing but positive feedback on the forums, but someone must be disliking my videos.

:(

and

I know what you mean. My wife is a 3rd degree black belt and is a instructor. My son is a second degree black belt. Both of them have competed and we have videos on YouTube. And we have people who leave nasty comments and dislikes. But the trophy cases full of first place and grand champion trophies speak volumes. Enjoy what you're doing and remember if you put it out there on YouTube you're opening yourself up for criticism.

Edited by Ebuechner

With many living in a social media world, it's so easy to make terse/nasty    comments. There's no consequences...they do it under the cover of darkness.   Thrend is to share every little thought and opinion, when in reality, most don't really care what you think.  We're losing our ability to "filter" thoughts as face to face communications becomes a thing of the past.

I just looked at your YouTube videos.

Looks like almost all the dislikes are on "FLEUR EAST SAX".

Since your sequencing appears to be similar on the other tunes I watched,

maybe you're just being too hard on yourself or this forum or over-thinking it or something.

Maybe some just don't like this song...

I want to get as many YouTube views as I can. I don't know why, I just like them. YouTube looks at the dislikes to likes ratio as well as average view duration (Which mine is good) and uses that to decide when to suggest the video alongside other videos.

Another display in the UK had over 2000 in a week and they have what looks like less than 32 channels. Their video had the same song. They used a UK company called Synchrolight and the sequencing is out of time.  I know that YouTube is a very unfair place. People like KSI and PewDiePie are now multi-millionaires from making low quality videos of themselves playing games, yet there are some people who produce quality video content that is enjoyable and get nothing. 

The song is really popular.

I couldn't tell you how many likes my videos have.

What is your YouTube channel called?

The views on my channel are going up very quickly. I will probably have a thousand in a week.

I have my videos on Vimeo and linked though my website. By doing that I think they are afraid that if they comment I will see who they are.....which is not true. I've had 29,582 loads from 43 different countries over the last 2 years and in that time I've had 2 comments and they were from my office mate the first day I listed them. If you are looking for criticism or to have questions answered it's best to ask the people that actually play the game and those people are on these forums, otherwise ignore YouTube comments, likes, dislikes. I have 3 of my 2015 videos up and running over the last 4 days with nearly 4,500 loads in that timeframe....that's all I need to know that they like it.

kevinkolak.com

1 - There are always jerks in the world.  

2 - Jerks aside:  Even when you pour your soul into something, tastes are different among different people and some may genuinely not like it.  (Case in point:  I'm not a TSO fan, and I detest Wizards in Winter.   95% of the world LOVES that song, but I would downvote it :P).

3 - If you put yourself out there, you need to expect 1 and 2.  It is difficult, I know and I empathize.  

4 - Do not assume your dislikes are coming from here just by 'embedded video view' numbers.  I'm sure the following person is an LOR customer (and probably a member here), but I don't think they embedded their own video on a site called 'Fail Blog'->  http://cheezburger.com/76474369/skrillex-dubstep-christmas-light-show

Again, if you do what you do because YOU like it, these things don't matter.  If you like what you did, then dislikes roll off your back and likes are people with similar tastes.  

...... (Case in point: I'm not a TSO fan, and I detest Wizards in Winter.... I would downvote it......

I'm giving your statement a dislike right now.

Dan would probably reprimand you if he read this.

That position is just un-lightorama-ish.

In my discussions with internet trolls, there are many revelations:

Environmentalists think our hobby consumes too much electricity and causes global warming

Some think that our hobby is a waste of money that could be used to feed the poor

Lastly, some think seizure inducing lights aren't entertaining.

If you value criticism, double check your sequences. Turn the sound off and watch them. Are the flash patterns random? Or are they purposeful?

If, after an evaluation, you believe criticism isn't warranted, chalk it up to trolls and grow used to criticism.

4500 views in 4 days?

Yes, 4,500 over the last 4-5 days including 1,836 in one day. I have no clue if that is a lot or low.

Wizards is not the easiest tune to sequence and hit the beats. Yes you can play the music and blink the lights but try doing it where it makes sense while watching it. It's must in my show but I put a lot of time into it and I think I nailed it, especially the run of scales twice at the end. I actually started a post some time ago and said if our light shows were in the Olympics we needed a few compulsory songs by which we ALL are judged....Wizards being one of them.

Some people will say they dislike anything it is that they didnt do... Many in the LOR FORUMS seem to dislike anything that isnt absolute perfection when it comes to timing etc... Many here seem to forget that a lot of us do it as a hobby and not as trying to get perfect timing or something to try to sale but as something fun to pass the time with..

Dont worry about the dislikes... they just probably arent very happy with life in general anyway and probably noone can ever make them happy other then themselves in their own imperfections which they seem to always over look... 

Just be happy with yourself and what you do... Im sure your family and friends like the effort you put into your HOBBY and arent worried about perfect timing on everything.

I enjoy trying to make my lights blink off and on as to try to give everyone convulsons who dotn like them..

Edited by Old Sarge

I'm giving your statement a dislike right now.

Dan would probably reprimand you if he read this.

That position is just un-lightorama-ish.

For the record, I don't think Dan/Mary or ANYONE at the factory likes it much either ;)  They just have more common sense then I do and don't admit to it.

It's like this....  Fried Chicken is DELICIOUS!  I love fried chicken!  I could eat it almost every day!

If I worked at KFC, I doubt my love for fried chicken would last.

edit:  great.  Now I want fried chicken.  SHEESH! :P

For the record, I don't think Dan/Mary or ANYONE at the factory likes it much either ;) They just have more common sense then I do and don't admit to it.

It's like this.... Fried Chicken is DELICIOUS! I love fried chicken! I could eat it almost every day!

If I worked at KFC, I doubt my love for fried chicken would last.

edit: great. Now I want fried chicken. SHEESH! :P

Funny analogy to use.

One of my after high school jobs was KFC.

KFC's exactly like TSO - I still love them both.

Funny analogy to use.

One of my after high school jobs was KFC.

KFC's exactly like TSO - I still love them both.

You are a better man than I :)

P.S.  Still craving some fried chicken.