Light-O-Rama Forums

Odd behavior with S4... and is THIS the fix. Read Please.

Robert Burton

Have several issues. Will list them separately here. Can separate them out into separate threads if need be. I am running 4.2.10. DO NOT WANT TO UPDATE IF I CAN HELP IT RIGHT NOW. The second I connect to the internet, it will want to update windows and everything else. I pretty much put a ban on updates on the show computer until after Christmas.

1) Had scheduler not run a playlist at the right time tonight.  While working traffic, it hit me that songs were coming up that shouldn't. LONGER SONGS. No wonder the traffic was backing up. It was suppose to be playing my short song list and it was not. Honestly this is the first time I have ever seen this behavior.

2) I have a projector I use in the display. I run a .bat file to turn it on and off. I run a animation sequence to turn it on with a windows command file. At the first of the Christmas season, it was working fine. Then all of a sudden, it stopped working. The individual .bat file worked just fine. I could actually run the .las file by itself (not thru the scheduler) and the projector would cut off (didn't try turning it on). 

I would leave the verifier running along with the scheduler each night. I could see that the projector on and off animation fill would run, but it still would not turn on or off through the scheduler. I would even have it run several times thinking the .bat file just didn't have a chance to run correctly or something. Nope. Nothing.

I thought since it worked at first, and now after a couple of weeks it doesn't... let's reboot the computer. I turned the projector on and then cheated the time so it would try turning it off via the scheduler. It worked. 

So now do I have to reboot my computer each night now?

This is Windows after all.  Yes, I would recommend a periodic reboot.  I have my show computer reboot every day as a scheduled event.

Jim what do you use to make that happen?  I use Win8.1. And I also have to log in each time I reboot. I know that is a setting...well at least I think it is. What version are you running and what should I do about the log in? Would love for this to happen since I am going out of town after Christmas and really want it to run while I am gone.

Edited by Robert Burton