Light-O-Rama Forums
SparkDr

What does your username stand for?

ID number and the initials of the fire department I worked at.

Edited by shfr26

My dad is a farmer, and John Deere is the only brand of acceptable equipment.  When I was growing up a friend of mine always like International instead.  I simply changed the name up a bit!  Now at almost 30 years old, I still use it.

Edited by intertrashional

I'm big into marine life, I have a 700gal reef tank, and I'm a advanced certified with nitrox scuba diver.. The g stands for goat. My nick name is twiggie the goat because I'm skinnie and I have always had go tee

285 lb. Frenchmen born in 59, when I joined the forum last year.

P.S. Diagnosed with type II diabetes last year dropped 80 lbs. Should I change my username. :)

First Class Productions, my company that does audio, lighting, video, staging, rigging, and special effects. We are working on the plans to go into the commercial lighting display realm next year.

You guys crack me up.  

I'm always moving fast, and working on something.  I really dislike wasted effort or being idle.  

I used Bizywk as my first AOL online name back when we upgraded to high speed 1440 telephone modems and it just stuck every since.

Mine comes from a goofy long nickname my friend called me when I was 9 or 10.  I don't remember all of mine, but my friend's was Jenothagonbabyhoneychildmamahoochyhoochyhoochyaaaaahhhhh.  Truthfully, I'm not sure about the spelling.

My name started with Argulator (and proabably ended much like his).

It's always been unused as a username. :)  And, I've been told I like to argue.

Until recently I was a very avid diver,  deep (>300'), long (3+hrs), rebreathers and other fun gear.  A vacation spot I frequented where I would get on every outing each day I dove, starting calling me a scuba animal.  Used the moniker when teaching and its just stuck.....

Many years ago I used to watch my girlfriend's younger sisters when everyone else in her family was unavailable. So one day I told them I thought we should watch every Pokemon they had on video. They of course, thought this was an amazing idea... Keep in mind, I didn't like Pokemon, I never cared about Pokemon, it was far outside my interests, but I learned a lot about Pokemon that day let me tell you. 

Several hours into it, and being that my name is "Drew" they started calling me "Pika Dru". Like no joke they spelled it for me on a chalkboard and everything and they were so amused... and it was after all really funny... I dunno maybe you had to be there. It was like trying not to laugh in school when the teacher is really mad at the class.

Later that year my broadband internet provider Mediaone had been bought out by AT&T so of course they were dropping all the @mediaone.net email addresses. So when I was given a chance to enter a new name for the old email address to be forwarded to. I entered it as I have continued to use it till today, "pikadroo" and later when comcast came along to buy the broadband side of AT&T I had to use "pika-droo" as well.

I liked it and stuck with it because up till then my handles I used were somewhat dark and this was a chance to lighten it up and put a smile on faces when I would relay it to them.

Drew

Rainy Oregon Christmas.... 'cause that's what we get...every....year...never snow for Christmas.....................  I have yet to have it snow while my display is up.  Usually waits until the end of January, or February for a dusting...maybe.  Sometimes we go a year or three without getting any snow. 

So, I just resigned to the fact that Christmas in Oregon looks like rain...  oh look it's raining again.  seriously... it is.... 10 inches since this month started... three and a half more expected in the next two days... then another storm comes in and more rain....

-RainyOregonchiStmaS   (and if you see me spell my name like this... the capitol letters happen to spell my last name.  Just another layer of fun and games.

-Matt Ross

• Like 1

Shortly after my husband & I met, we started geocaching, and he was trying to pick out a user name. His nickname from his paintball and online gaming days "Phantom", had already been taken, so it was time to get creative. Being that he worked in the high tech field (Intel), and that geocaching is kind of like a high tech treasure hunt, I came up with the idea of adding "tech" to "Phantom", and he (we) became "PhantomTech" in the geocaching world, and beyond!! LOL He proceeded to use "PhantomTech" for almost every new login from there on. Since his (sudden & untimely) death in March of this year, I have taken over a few of his accounts, including this one. It's one of my ways to keep his memory alive.