Light-O-Rama Forums

What does your username stand for?

SparkDr

A lot of the folks on here have some very interesting usernames.  Some are obvious or pretty self-explanatory.  Others are a genuine mystery.  I used be a field electrician before moving into management for a plumbing, HVAC, and electrical contractor.  I guess my loyalties will always be with the sparky's...hence SparkDr.

So, what's your story?

• Like 1

Mine is easy.  K6CCC is my amateur radio callsign.  I use it in a number of places because it's certainly easy for me to remember, and at least to other hams, it's instantly obvious that I'm a ham radio operator.  And I've found that there are a lot of other hams in lighting as well as several of my other hobbies (GeoCaching, and flying).

• Like 2

k6ccc - my dad and grandfather did amateur radio when I was a kid and I STILL remember their old call signs from 30+ years ago when it was still six digits.

1983, year of my el Camino

SS- model of car super sport

454- big block Chevy 454 engine with dual quads

I belonged to car forums first and just have used the same name all along for everything

• Like 1

LightFan obvious. First part was random letters I typed in as a username for an online game, then I stuck with it so people knew who I was on another game, and then I used it on everything.

LightFan obvious. First part was random letters I typed in as a username for an online game, then I stuck with it so people knew who I was on another game, and then I used it on everything.

Now see, I just learned something.  In my speed-reading haste, I have always thought your username was EminemLightFan.  I had it pegged to be some sort of a Marshall Mathers / LOR mashup.

My name is...... That's the point, you don't know who I am.

Wasn't that thoughtful? Thank you for skewing the concept and contributing absolutely nothing to the thread. The hope is to share stories, not names. Geesh!

Well I guess I don't have to explain this one but...

I am always helpful to others, especially this time of year. I get in the spirit to go above and beyond for Christmas. So I figured, I must be one of Santa's Helpers. :)

Santa's work is never done and neither is mine.

It is a good question though since there are some original member IDs here. 

I was an avid archer from a teen until recently. Participated at all levels including local clubs, regional, state, national and even Olympic tryouts. I hold a US patent for a archery accessory and a few ideas I never took that far. It was only fitting that I used "Archer" as my user ID.

Edited by Archer

Any guesses where I live?

Ummmmm, give me a sec. Hold on....

Would it be somewhere in the plains, covered with snow on New Years eve?  :P

I am from the town of Worksop in Nottinghamshire, England.

I loved England. I was stationed there for two years. Absolutely loved it!!!

• Like 1