Light-O-Rama Forums

Show player freezing

viennaxmas

I had another incidence of "Show Player Freeze" where the show suddenly stops and the control panel went into "Not Responding" mode. Was not at home but there was nothing on for a little over 8 minutes. This is with 4.2.12 version. Anyone else seeing the show player freeze? This happens at least once a day for me and in most cases requires a reboot. At least this time it self healed...

I had checked memory and CPU load and everything looks fine. Machine has tons of horse power with Windows 10.

Any ideas?

I've had two instances of my show appearing to get "hung" where it says it's playing my day message, and the next thing for it to do is start the show.  It just sits there and i have to unload the control panel and reload it... then the show kicks off just fine.  

This is a brand new machine with Windows 10.  LOR 4.2.12

windows 10 has bugs in it... thats why a lot of us went back to and or stayed with win 7 and 8 and even some have the old dependable XP..

• 2 weeks later...

I have had it happen a couple of times that I have observed.  I am on the latest LOR but still Windows 8.  I was watching on my security camera display (right next to the PC my show uses) and noticed the lights were "stuck".  I then looked over at my LOR boxes and they were flashing red lights like they had lost the connection to the PC.  After about 20 seconds, they went steady on and then I looked at the monitor and the lights were moving again.  I didn't have to reboot or restart.  I don't know how many times it could be happening....I have just seen it twice in the last 2 weeks.

So, I think I've found a "Fix".

I'm on Windows 10, latest version of LOR.

I went to the control panel executable file, right clicked it and told it to run in compatibility mode, Windows XP Service Pack 3, and Administrator mode.  I then did the same thing for the LORCommListener.exe (Since I have DMX elements).

Since doing this, I have had 0 lockups... 

I will try the compatibility mode.

I don't have a solution yet for the problem. As workaround I have split the scheduled time into two segments. So the show gets unloaded after 3 hours and loaded again. In addition I cleaned up the problematic sequence from all the unused channels.

Unloading the show after 3 hours still makes me think there is some odd counter or memory issue...