Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple CCR movement-best practice

don731

On a single CCR, I want to create a single lighted segment about 4 inches long of blue light that would travel slowly down the CCR for about half the length then disappear. The effect would occur only once during the song. Direction of travel would be from the beginning of the CCR (next to the controller). What would be the best way to create this? Thanks!

Use a morph. Click on the Tools menu and select "Morph"

In the morph dialog box you can specify the pixel length of the head for "state1" and "state2". In your case you could set the state1 head length to 2, and the state2 head length to 2.

Then set the Tail time length to 0.

The you mark the beginning of the morph with the left mouse and the end of the morph with a right mouse click.

You select the time on the time ruler and click on "Add" in the morph dialog box.

When you play it, you should see a 2 pixel segment move from the start point you specified, to the end point you specified.

If you are not familiar with morphs, there is a tutorial on them. Go to the LOR main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials". The superstar tutorials are near the bottom The second tutorial is an introduction to morphs.

Thanks! This is mostly working. Is there any way to slow down the speed of the morph as it travels down the CCR?

The big issue I'm having is that some of the morph sequences (exported and added as a sub sequence) work perfectly in the main sequences, while others don' t show on the CCR as all. All of them were created the same way in Superstar, so I'm stumped there.

The speed of the morph is determined by the distance between the start and end point, and the time difference between the start and end time. If you increase the distance the speed will increase. If you decrease the time length of the morph the speed will also increase.

As for morphs not showing on the CCR, I'm stumped too. What you see when you play to the superstar screen should look the same as when you export the sequence and then play it to your real lights from the sequence editor.

If you want me to take a look at what you are doing, send me an email at brian@superstarlights.com

I got all the superstar subsequences to work. Had to start over on a couple of them. Strange that the ones which would not display when played all used purple as the head color.

Thanks for all your help!

Thanks! This is mostly working. Is there any way to slow down the speed of the morph as it travels down the CCR?

The big issue I'm having is that some of the morph sequences (exported and added as a sub sequence) work perfectly in the main sequences, while others don' t show on the CCR as all. All of them were created the same way in Superstar, so I'm stumped there.

Maybe I am reading this question a bit differently, but to slow a morph down as it travels you can use the cool acceleration tool at the bottom of the morph box. Or speed it up.

Pertaining to the purple head color, when you say "they would not display when played", were you looking at the sequence editor, the visualizer, or your actual lights?

The actual lights while playing the sequence in the sequence editor. Changing the head color to white with an orange tail worked. Blue also worked fine.