Light-O-Rama Forums

christmas light fight

kingfish

Craig, you did an amazing job and represented the LOR community very very well!!!

Even though you didn't win the trophy, you have won the smiles you put on peoples faces. That's priceless!!!

You were so natural along with your display. Not a street band, choir and cheerleaders. That was GREAT!!!

It was also nice to see another fellow LOR user Mike Z which also had an amazing display.

it was awesome to see you both and your displays.

Great job!!!

Tom

Thanks Tom. 

Everything you saw (except me in front of the display) is what happens for my display when it runs.  I do wear the RF jacket when I go out to meet the people and help with traffic.  I just don't stand there and direct the music.. :)

Mike's display is the bomb.. I am dark next year and part of the time off I am going to revamp my display.. I have been working on coming up with animatronic elements.. now that I see Mike's, I may have t rethink... LOL.   He is such an artist...

Craig, my kids and I sat glued to the TV waiting to see your display and the moment that made their mouths dropped open was the shot of you in front of your computer monitors.  My son whispered in awe, "We gotta get that!"  *lol*  I explained that I can barely manage 16 channels much less 6000 channels!  We loved your snowflake wall the most - VERY cool effect on those!

Craig, my kids and I sat glued to the TV waiting to see your display and the moment that made their mouths dropped open was the shot of you in front of your computer monitors.  My son whispered in awe, "We gotta get that!"  *lol*  I explained that I can barely manage 16 channels much less 6000 channels!  We loved your snowflake wall the most - VERY cool effect on those!

LOL.   When I closed my engineering office down I kept all the monitors... That is how I wound up with 4..

Glad you like my "Star Flakes".  Those are new this year.. Thank you..

fantastic display Wish you could have had some taller trees tho, and more of them; the'res always next year

LOL!   aaaahhhh.. yeah..   What I need is a taller bucket truck! 

Tremendous display! My family enjoyed all the excitement you bring to your display and how you truly look at it as a production instead of just how lights you can throw up.

Tremendous display! My family enjoyed all the excitement you bring to your display and how you truly look at it as a production instead of just how lights you can throw up.

Thank you.. I do try..

Great job wonderful display and nice to finally see who your are after all the years on lor Dennis

Thanks.. but are you sure you really wanted to see who I am?  LOL.   I looked pretty bad for the interview that was shot inside.  I was so sick.. had no voice..

I purposely avoided the forum last night while I taped your show to watch first thing this morning. Congratulations, you represented yourself and all of us very well. Loved the trees. And to 100% agree with Tom, loved that it was lights and no dancing one time hype stuff. Loved the cool mustache on the wedding photo!!

Look forward to our next lighting meeting. Again, nice job.

~Matt

Great show and Mike Z was great to.

Mike Z was fabulous.  I don't think they even showed the best part of his.. I would love to see it in person.. maybe next year when I go dark I can trek down there.. That would be fun..

Thank you BTW! 

I purposely avoided the forum last night while I taped your show to watch first thing this morning. Congratulations, you represented yourself and all of us very well. Loved the trees. And to 100% agree with Tom, loved that it was lights and no dancing one time hype stuff. Loved the cool mustache on the wedding photo!!

Look forward to our next lighting meeting. Again, nice job.

~Matt

Thanks... I made sure I didn't do anything extra for the show that was not going to be there every night we run. 

Funny thing.. last night went out to greet the cars and got to talk to just about every one of the several hundred that showed up and made it down the street before closing.... They all recognized me by the LED Jacket and hat.  LOL...  It was so cool to talk to hundreds of people all within walking distance of our home. 

I do apologize to the hundreds that we had to turn away due to time.  Some waiting over a 1/2hr just to find out they couldn't make it in time because it was closing down at 9pm.   It took four of us to control traffic and it was a push at that. Cars were lined up as far as we could see down the cross street.

Thanks... I made sure I didn't do anything extra for the show that was not going to be there every night we run. 

Funny thing.. last night went out to greet the cars and got to talk to just about every one of the several hundred that showed up and made it down the street before closing.... They all recognized me by the LED Jacket and hat.  LOL...  It was so cool to talk to hundreds of people all within walking distance of our home. 

I do apologize to the hundreds that we had to turn away due to time.  Some waiting over a 1/2hr just to find out they couldn't make it in time because it was closing down at 9pm.   It took four of us to control traffic and it was a push at that. Cars were lined up as far as we could see down the cross street.

Great job on TGCLF.  I wish you would have won.  Oh well... the winners seem to be pretty random anyway...

I wish you would have won. 

Oh he did win, the smiles and joys he received. You don't need a trophy for that. :)

Edited by Santas Helper
  • Like 2

Oh he did win, the smiles and joys he received. You don't need a trophy for that. :)

Well said!  and I have received many hundred of those.. 

Last night a young girl about 12 or so was so giddy that she got to meet me.. we took a selfie together and she was soooo cute... Her parents were just awesome about it all.. they were just as fun.  I ran out of my 1000 candy canes like an idiot.. so I didn't have any for the last 50 cars or so..  Hope I can find them today at Wally World or Smart and Final... I love interacting with everyone.. too much fun.

• The topic was locked