Light-O-Rama Forums

christmas light fight

kingfish

I don't root for anyone.  Just watch the show and pick the display I like best.

Last year was my 1st LOR year and had a better understanding of automated displays.  As a result I think, I picked 3 of the 4 episode winners.

Curious to see if I can do the same this year.  Was it skill or just luck.

Maybe it's just me, but seems to me many of the displays were the same ones featured last year and those same displays won again this year, for example the guy and his biker buddies that  helped build their display{I think it was the castle facade that covers his entire house}.  Saw it last year on the show, and he won it in 2014, then again this year.   Looked like I was watching a repeat show from last year{2014} and not a new one for 2015.

Maybe it's just me, but seems to me many of the displays were the same ones featured last year and those same displays won again this year, for example the guy and his biker buddies that  helped build their display{I think it was the castle facade that covers his entire house}.  Saw it last year on the show, and he won it in 2014, then again this year.   Looked like I was watching a repeat show from last year{2014} and not a new one for 2015.

There was a house with a castle built on it last year, they called themselves the Disney house, but his was much different. His yard was loaded with Disney cutouts.

I have it recorded and have not watched it yet. I am not sure I will if it is just recycled contestants from previous years.

I have it recorded and have not watched it yet. I am not sure I will if it is just recycled contestants from previous years.

It's not, I didn't see any that had been on shows previously

This being the 3rd season, would question if there are any recycles, but I would bet a paycheck on it.  I do remember another castle in previous season.

My first choice was the castle (2nd visit) followed by the last one (4th visit). The other 2 were just too overly flashy for my taste.  2nd year of doing an automated synced display and liked the mostly static shows the best...who'd have thought.

The castle was definitely on last year{2014}, same exact castle and same family and they won it in 2014.   As was the first display with the 40' RGB sky lights & wall lights, etc.   Sure seems to me the first show was more of a repeat,  even the 2nd show with Tanya and the "interactive display" was on in 2014 as well.     

So I was very disappointed there weren't that many new displays, just seemed to be repeats and in the 2nd one, appeared to be edits of last year 2014 and a couple of new displays inserted into a pre-existing show from 2014.

It's just too bad their trophy doesn't have the year etched in it, then we'd know for certain when it was show, but even that could be edited and changed in the edit room to make it look like it was new for 2015.     And this is all too easy to do.

Even my wife said it before I did, she saw the same displays we had watched last year in 2014 and said, I thought this was going to be all new displays, but this is a repeat isn't it?    I had to agree, especially when seeing the same EXACT displays in each and the same exact winners too with the same speeches from the judges!

Hope next weeks isn't like this, if I watch it and it's a repeat of what I saw in 2014 again, I'm off to do something else or change the channel to see what else is on of interest.

BTW: Why don't they do a "Great Halloween Light Fight"?, would be nice to see folks's displays that do Halloween over the top too.

The castle was definitely on last year{2014}, same exact castle and same family and they won it in 2014.   As was the first display with the 40' RGB sky lights & wall lights, etc.   Sure seems to me the first show was more of a repeat,  even the 2nd show with Tanya and the "interactive display" was on in 2014 as well.     

So I was very disappointed there weren't that many new displays, just seemed to be repeats and in the 2nd one, appeared to be edits of last year 2014 and a couple of new displays inserted into a pre-existing show from 2014.

It's just too bad their trophy doesn't have the year etched in it, then we'd know for certain when it was show, but even that could be edited and changed in the edit room to make it look like it was new for 2015.     And this is all too easy to do.

Even my wife said it before I did, she saw the same displays we had watched last year in 2014 and said, I thought this was going to be all new displays, but this is a repeat isn't it?    I had to agree, especially when seeing the same EXACT displays in each and the same exact winners too with the same speeches from the judges!

Hope next weeks isn't like this, if I watch it and it's a repeat of what I saw in 2014 again, I'm off to do something else or change the channel to see what else is on of interest.

BTW: Why don't they do a "Great Halloween Light Fight"?, would be nice to see folks's displays that do Halloween over the top too.

Not sure what you've been watching but as I said last years castle was the Disney house, they don't even look similar.

Now the "sky" lights you speak of were on Tom Betgeorges house. It looks similar but entirely different displays

They did

My daughter and I watched and were disappointed when the PA family with the interactive stations did not win - that was a great display.

We both knew the castle would win since Carter was the judge and totally loved the construction of that one.

Orville last night a differant channel was playing last years episodes is it possable you watch the wrong one? i belive this year there are new host even. recorded it but haven't watched yet.

These all looked like new families and displays.  Yes there was a castle in the past but it did look different.  They've been playing repeats from previous years -- maybe you saw one of those thinking it was this years version.