Light-O-Rama Forums

What are the rules for mapping a prop to a grid row/column?

HowardShank

I've overridden my 4 trees and 1 mega tree as you specified in a previous thread.

Now I'm trying to do some other specific placement and I am unable to do so.

Basically I'm trying to seperate and space out some of the props so they are easy for me to identify, but when I try to put something at an open row/column, it does not override it and place the prop at that row/col.

Suggestions?

Thanks

howard

Yes. I spent the day learning how to do that.

So now I'm trying to organize the grid with the props so it is easy to locate them all.  Love superstar... hate superstar... it's awesome, but I just can't get it to do what I want to do :)

I appreciate your help immensely!

I will be the first to admit that getting superstar to import a visualization the way you want can be difficult. I plan on reworking how it all works this year.

But for this year, if you put everything in a Prop and specify row/column for every prop you should be able to place everything where you want. Placing things in Props also helps because superstar will put a line on the sequencing grid in between props.

Also, you should use the row/column approach, or the "import visualization pair" approach. Using both doesn't work well.

Ok. That may be my problem I've been trying to do a hybrid by placing props vertically in my VI file and then trying to override certain ones that don't end up exactly where I want them...

One last question and I'll try to not ask any more until next time...  :D

If I do one visualization for my mega tree, one for my 4 trees and I do my channel sequencing in SE and my RGB's in SSS, with the merge function I can combine the sequence and both my se.lid files to complete my sequence... is that correct understanding?

If you are using "intensity data" files then you can use the "Merge Intensity Data Files" feature in superstar.

If you are using "legacy format" then the easiest way to get it into your main sequence is to use a subsequence. There is a tutorial on this. Go to the LOR main website, click on Support, then click on Tutorial, the superstar tutorials are near the bottom. Look for a tutorial that is titled something like "Getting superstar sequences into your main sequence"

Thanks. I've seen all 15 of the tutorials. Very informative in most cases.

I'll be using lid format and just be careful to save everything separately before my final merge to get it all together.

BTW, one more bug, if you try to do a merge on a PE.LID and an SS.LID file SSS crashes with a 0xc0000005 access violation. I did this by mistake and it's repeatable.

The "merge intensity data files" feature in Superstar only works with superstar files. I should put up a message advising of this.

• Like 1