Light-O-Rama Forums

C-9 LED strobes are glowing while off...

Mega Arch

OK, against most everyone's opinion, instead of xenon strobes, I bought 50 C9 LED 1 watt strobes during the pre-sales. They actually do a good job for what I want. I had 20 of them from last year, which is why I knew they had the look, plus trying to stay uniform, bought the same ones so everything matches. You know - a little OCD.

Here's my problem: about 10 or so glow when not in use. Do you think adding snubbers will cure my ail?

Possibly, all they all on the same strand, if so, then chances are good a snubber may do the trick.  If individually controlled by a channel or if those 10 are controlled by one channel on a controller, then that could also be a sign of a triac issue in the controller on that channel.

Nope - thanks Orville for the thoughts - but nope.

I made a few snubbers for the 2 strands that were glowing - no change.

Moved those strobes to a different area on different stringers & they still glow.

The ones I moved into their old spots don't glow.

Deduction - bad strobes.

Guess the Chinese consistency just wasn't there for my batch.

Moved them to non front & center spots - we're good.

(Except 1 way up the mega tree... :angry:)

Edited by Mega Arch

Unfortunately sometimes that happens and you get a bad batch of product.  Although lights and strobes are not as bad as when it happens to the food we eat though, but still not fun when you buy something and expect it to work and it has flaws like that.

Guess we're all so used to things "working right out of the box" we sometimes overlook  things being bad right out of the package..

• The topic was locked