Light-O-Rama Forums

animation sequence will not run

emceeone

I'm sure this is a simple fix, but I just can't make it work.

Any one able to help?

I want to run a 37 minute non-musical animation sequence when my show first starts. Then I run 23 minutes of musical sequences. Then I want to run the whole thing every hour.

I used show editor to make shows with and without the non-musical animation sequence. plugged them into show scheduler, non-musical sequence does not play. I used show editor to make shows of individual parts, then plugged into show scheduler seperately to run after one another.

Thanks, Michael

Make sure you animation sequence has only 1 track.  Not sure about show editor but when using HU to set up show it will tell you it can't load an animation sequence if you have more than one track.

Haven't tried using both in my show, but I think for what you're wanting to do, you may need to name the animation sequence with a prefix of 000_filename, then your musical sequences can be prefixed with anything from 001 or alphabetically, the musical sequences can be named anything, but the animation sequence being named something like 000_preshow for example would always have it be the first sequence run, since numeric is always going to run before alphabetical, then when your alpha or last prefixed numbered sequence runs, say 10 songs, so last sequence would look something like this, 010_Carol of the Bells {for example}, then once it completes, your 000_preshow, the 37 minute animation sequence should then run again.

Once you have that you can set it up in the Show Editor for when you want the show to start, then on each hour you want the show to start you set the next block to start on the next hour.

Say show-01 starts at 5:30pm, show-02 would start at 6:30pm, show-03 at 7:30pm.    Even though you may have multiple shows running through the night, it would only require one show file that has your animation and musical sequences.     Otherwise you'd have the animation sequence and the musical sequences as separate shows.

In that case your animation file, say Show-01 would start at the time you want the show to start, again,say 6:00pm, runs for 37 minutes, so you'd set the next block in the Schedule Editor to run your musical part of the show for 23 minutes, which would be at 6:37, then the next animation block would start at 7:00pm, 7:37 for the musical part, you'd do this until the time your show would end normally.  If 9:pm, then from 6:00pm-9:pm you'd have 3 shows, if you run later on weekends, say 10pm, you'd have 4 shows.  But you only need two show files, one saved with the show editor as your animation {37 minute file} and your musical show file saved as your second {23 minute} show.

Hope this makes sense.    It might be easier for you to set it up as the second example I gave above, as I'm not 100% sure how the animation and musical sections work together in the show editor as I've not tried it that way {yet}.  I do it like the second example I gave because I just found it easier to do it that way and keep track of in the log window at a glance when the show plays live.

But if the Show Editor animation and sequences can be set to play where the animation will always play at the beginning before the musical part, that would be the easier way to set it all up and only need one show file instead of two.  {I'm going to have to play with the show editor and see how animation and musical sequences get along together, just to know if it can be done all in one file, currently I'm not sure, but think it can if specific naming conventions are utilized}.

Edited by Orville

Thanks so much for your replies.

Orville your suggestion was spot on. I renamed the animation sequence to begin with " 000_ "

then renamed the musical sequences in order, " 001_ ; 002_ etc. built a show, put the show in scheduler and the whole thing played. First time this season I didn't have to do something manually.

Thanks again,

Michael

Thanks so much for your replies.

Orville your suggestion was spot on. I renamed the animation sequence to begin with " 000_ "

then renamed the musical sequences in order, " 001_ ; 002_ etc. built a show, put the show in scheduler and the whole thing played. First time this season I didn't have to do something manually.

Thanks again,

Michael

Glad my suggestion worked out for you and you now have your show up and running! :D

I've never had to rename files to get them to run in a particular order. Strange that others are having to.

For some show scheduling ideas, see this: www.lorfaq.com/faqs/software-questions/shows-schedules.html

I'm with you. I used the mini  mp3 director unit to run my show since 2009 & never had that issue, & now I use the Gen 3 mp3 unit & I still don't have that issue.. I can have an all lights on ( las file )for 1 or two minutes, then run 3 songs, then have another all lights on sequence ( las file ) then run another 3 songs. I know another person that did the same thing.

Edited by lightzilla