Light-O-Rama Forums

Orange Extension Cords use Electricity?

EmmienLightFan

Here's one for all of you... we here in Canada (Manitoba) have been told by the local TV station that light shows cause you wi-fi to get weaker.... go figure !

( sorry not trying to hi-jack the original thread, just having my morning coffee now...)

I think the truth is, yes they do. But, not enough to notice.

I think the truth is, yes they do. But, not enough to notice.

That was on the news here a while ago. There is a thread discussing that in the coffee shop.

People who do news are incapable of telling a story without. 1) exaggerating absolutely everything. 2) screwing up all of the facts. 3) putting their own political or religious twist to the story.

Oh man. My faith in humanity has been diminished a bit.This morning, while outside working in the lights, i had the an annoying women come up and bug me. Now dont get me wrong, i enjoy answering questions, but when some of those questions make wake ya get Forest Whitaker eye, you tend to wanna start smacking people. This women asks me is if it difficult to keep up with the music when turning the lights on an off. Then she asks me how do i get power to the lights, so told her all about wireless extension cords. I told her to be careful that she doesn't step in between them. I was having fun, she actually stepped to the side thinking there was one near her. She actually said those were pretty cool and asked where she can buy them. I sent her to Home Depot in Albany.

She actually said those were pretty cool and asked where she can buy them. I sent her to Home Depot in Albany.

Is that the only store that still has them in stock?

I emptied all my local stores two weeks ago. They said they would have some more in after Christmas. Apparently the main use for Wireless Extension cords is Christmas Lights.

Is that the only store that still has them in stock?

I emptied all my local stores two weeks ago. They said they would have some more in after Christmas. Apparently the main use for Wireless Extension cords is Christmas Lights.

Yeah, i told her they were all sold out in town so she would have to go to Albany.

Reminds me of when i worked at a mill and used to send the new guys to get a metric crescent wrench, blue stain remover, glue degreeser was one of the funnest.

Reminds me of when i worked at a mill and used to send the new guys to get a metric crescent wrench, blue stain remover, glue degreeser was one of the funnest.

Working in the electronics industry we'd send new inexperienced guys to the tool crib with a list of tools and have them ask specifically for left handed versions of the tools on the list  and not to come back unless they came back with those specific left handed tools we were requesting!   Knowing full well the tools we sent them for were all capable of being used either by left or right handed folks. ROFL

Of course the poor bloke that worked the tool crib would always roust us when we'd come to get a tool we needed after sending a new guy there asking for things like that. ROFL

Edited by Orville

Working in the electronics industry we'd send new inexperienced guys to the tool crib with a list of tools and have them ask specifically for left handed versions of the tools on the list  and not to come back unless they came back with those specific left handed tools we were requesting!   Knowing full well the tools we sent them for were all capable of being used either by left or right handed folks. ROFL

Of course the poor bloke that worked the tool crib would always roust us when we'd come to get a tool we needed after sending a new guy there asking for things like that. ROFL

When i worked at that mill, we had a guy come over from a different plant, where they did not use glue at all, strictly moulding. Cocky little schmuck got on my nerves so i felt it was time to have fun. Sent him to another machine for glue degreaser. I called the other machine operator on the radio and told him. He ran out, so he had to send him to a different machine as well. By the time the guy got back, he had been to 4 separate plants, at the last plant, the maintenance guy told he that he only had it in large barrels so he would have to put some in an empty can. The guy actually came back to the plant with a paint can full of water.

as a newbie when I first went in the Army as a mechanic (My Dad Owned and ran a Big Rig shop as well as a automotive shop which I more or less grew up in) the old time mechanics thought I was a newbie...

they would send me after things like cans of liquid compression, muffler bearings, clutch lights etc. and tell me not to come back unless i found them....

Nice i went home for the rest of the day or went and hung out in the PX or snack bar until time to go home unless we were having a formation at the end of the day.

they learned pretty quick to not send me after things a newbie would actually go out looking for.. 

I really do like my wireless extension cords though.... best thing sense left hand threaded ganuute valve compression spring tension bars.

as a newbie when I first went in the Army as a mechanic (My Dad Owned and ran a Big Rig shop as well as a automotive shop which I more or less grew up in) the old time mechanics thought I was a newbie...

they would send me after things like cans of liquid compression, muffler bearings, clutch lights etc. and tell me not to come back unless i found them....

Nice i went home for the rest of the day or went and hung out in the PX or snack bar until time to go home unless we were having a formation at the end of the day.

they learned pretty quick to not send me after things a newbie would actually go out looking for.. 

I really do like my wireless extension cords though.... best thing sense left hand threaded ganuute valve compression spring tension bars.

We one time sent a newbie all over Ft Hood looking for Spark Plugs for a Humvee

You guys crack me up, We used to send the rookie mechanics out for headlight gas, blinker fluid, red steam, round too its, back-up bolts, board stretchers.  Haha!

A rookie the other day asked me how I got a Dingo mini loader into an open foundation(we were grading the floor prepping to pour)...I told him I just put it in hover mode...He just stood there for a second and asked "it can fly :huh:​?" I just shook my head and pointed to the excavator sitting not 20' away..

Edited by Need more lights

Can use them to make your spiral tree straighten out.

No you dont wanna use them on a spiral tree. They can cause the spirals to reverse direction.

• Like 1

So, it just occurred to me my cords are candy cane stripped... So... What effect will that have... Minty fresh?

Drew

Oh Drew, that's trouble!!! The spiral of the stripping WILL cause the vortex effect, in fact increasing the voltage to the light strings. I believe the ratio for the distance is 0.5 volts per linear foot, so the longer the cord the more dangerous it could be. I hope you are using a de-amplifying male vortex reducing adapter at the end of them!!!