Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there an easy way to rotate an imported sequence

k6ccc

I bought two sequences today from the guys at HolidaySequences.com  When I load the sequence and my visualization, the tree comes out rotated 180 degrees.  In other words, what should be in the upper right corner comes out as the bottom left, etc

I can fix it by making a custom visualization file that reverses everything, and that will work for now, but for next year when I will be doing fairly substantial rebuild of my visualization file because of layout changes, I don't want to have to have multiple different visualizations for each song!

Is there a fairly easy way to fix this that I've missed?

So, when you open the SUP file, the tree is vertical instead of horizontal? Or is it the sequence? ALl the ones i have bought fromt hem, when i open the SUP file, SS automatically loads the default Mega Tree Visualization.

What version of the software are you running? Try updating to the most recent version and it may fix the problem. If not, email your visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it

Version 4.3.2.

If I just open the existing .sup file, it comes up with a "standard" tree in CCR mode.  However I need to use my visualization to include the other several thousand channels in my yard.  When I load my visualization, the 12 string tree is horizontal at the bottom of the grid.  The top of the tree is on the right end of the grid.  The purchased sequence has the top at the left.

And yes Brian, I can send you the visualization files.

Version 4.3.2.

If I just open the existing .sup file, it comes up with a "standard" tree in CCR mode.  However I need to use my visualization to include the other several thousand channels in my yard.  When I load my visualization, the 12 string tree is horizontal at the bottom of the grid.  The top of the tree is on the right end of the grid.  The purchased sequence has the top at the left.

Oh, a whole different ball game then. I cant help ya with that. I usually sequence my tree separate form the rest of my display. I have not learned how to do that yet. Can you have two seperate SUP files open at once? If so i would like to do that.

Version 4.3.2.

Now i see what yer saying, i just tried the same thing. Tree is normal ij the viz, but the grid is vertical instead of horizontal. I asked brain about it in the instant sequence questions.

Turns out it was my bad.  Brian and I spent a little while on the phone this morning.  Turns out that there is a standard for tree sequences that have the tree horizontal in the row visualization - and I didn't follow it.  Took all of 5 minutes to fix the row visualization file and now it's all better.  In case anyone wonders, if you have a vertical matrix or tree that is shown horizontally on the row display, "top" needs to be to the left!

To fill in a few blanks, for 2014, I used 4 of Brian's purchased sequences, but used a different visualization file and everything came out right.  For 2015 I am using one of Brian's sequences (Wizards in Winter) with the visualization that was backwards.  I just watched the first few seconds of the video from Brian's website and compared it to my sequence.  Sure enough, mine is upside down.    I had never noticed.  Since there is nothing in that sequence that is radically affected by being upside down, and I spent several dozen hours making the rest of my yard match his sequence (and a lot of it would have to be re-done if I turned the pixel tree back right side up), I'm going to leave it the way it is.

Thanks AGAIN Brian!