Light-O-Rama Forums

How to build a Marty Fan

Brian Mitchell

I posted this over at PC but thought it could be useful here also.

Here is a video I put together showing how I built the fan for this years display.

Enjoy, I hope it's useful to someone.

great. after two weeks of resequencing, adding more channels, and 2 controlers for this year. Now my wife wants me to add that to our display. so this weekend I have to start all over, re resequencing and buy 3 controler to add to my display. Thanks for sharing.(great job)

Brain Quick question, how much stock do you own in lightorama:P

Don't worry, you have 11 months to work on your display before lighting up again.

I think many of us here would like to own LOR stock.

I remember seeing that in Marty's display and thought, "Wow that's cool" I really want to do that one year but, I think I would like to do the Leaping Arches first.

I hadn't realized it was made from Iron? I thought it was PVC. I guess the PVC wouldn't have the strength that the Iron does.

Thanks for the How To video..

-Evan

I was worried that PVC would have too much flex to keep the tension on the lights and they would slip and sag. That's why I went with the aluminum electrical conduit. Almost as cheap as PVC but a lot more rigid.

Ahhhh. I thought that it was solid core pipe. Interesting that it's Electrical Conduit Pipe.... Hmmmm

Still on hold for now...but thanks
-Evan