Light-O-Rama Forums

Snubbers (resistors in lamp plugs)

LORi P

Hi-

A few years back I made snubbers with resistors I ordered from Mouser.com.  I ordered brown, non-polarized lamp plugs from another on-line vendor, but I cannot find who.

Does anyone know where I can buy these for a decent price?  I have been able to find on two websites so far.  One place had them for $10 each and the other for $5 each.  When I bought them originally I think they were less than $1.

Lamp%20with%20plug_1.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Lori

The Leviton part number on the plug you are looking for is 48643. Also, oftentimes seen as 000-48643-000. They're getting harder and harder to find, I'm afraid. Good luck in your search.

Couldnt a person just solder a resister in the end of a vampire plug? They're only 50 cents each.

Vampire plugs have spikes that pierce the cable, where would you solder a resistor?

But once you put the cable in and the spikes started to go into the cable the resistor would get torn off wouldn't it? Or it may prevent the spikes from penetrating the cable.

I think he is saying you wouldn't put a cable in this.  The vampire plug with the resistor would be what the end of the LED string plugs into.  It is definitely cheaper than the Leviton plugs - I have made a couple hundred of them.

I received a good bit of advice from George Simmons after mentioning how much wear and tear my fingers seemed to go through taking the boot on and off the Leviton plugs for assembly.  He mentioned warming them to 150^ or so in an oven or toaster oven to make them more pliable.  Brilliant!!!

• The topic was locked