Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX Colors not used causing flicker?

Robert Burton

I have a sequence that has some fades going from Red to Green and back / forth. When it goes to completely "On" I will have some of my dmx controlled, dumb rgb trees flicker. It only does it on this one song. I have other songs that the trees are completely red or green for an extended time and this doesn't happen. Curious if making the colors be in dmx intensities would help when completely on. What color numbers should I use for green and red if that is the case. I am using s4.

Thanks

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

No. It's not channel config. It's very odd. I just lived with it. This song can only play maybe at best two times a night since it is so long. I have to go to a shortened playlist in the rest of the evening because of the traffic. I have just lived with it. I would have to go back and check, but I think everything is daisy chained correctly...think. It really burns me though. I did see in my "Mary, Did You Know" it happen at the very end of the song last night. Had not done that before. Congestion in the pipes of the dmx signal? Don't know. Haven't seen this one NOT do it at this section. It's not in sequencing, not in the config., just happens. Hopefully I copied this at the correct time;

https://youtu.be/jwZJI57HIlQ?t=4m17s

• 2 weeks later...

I feel your pain.  On my matrix I have 16 outputs and I would get 1 or 2 that would flicker with certain effects, but not all.  I kept adding null pixels and new wiring trying to fix it and as soon as I would fix one output a different one would start up.  All the effects are programed through Pixel Editor to my Pixcon 16 controller.  I finally just took out most of the effects that were causing the issues, but they never fully went away.

Oddly enough though my stuff that went through e1.31 really didn't have the jumping flicker. It was only stuff that was daisy chained. My post from above, I had to even shorten it down to play once a night. That particular chart is so long, can't play it with my shortened list  for traffic concerns. But yes was still doing this.

• The topic was locked