Light-O-Rama Forums

Ccp dead

aesl1982

I have 9 color cosmic pixel controllers. 8 are on the tree and one for arches. Came home started show and one of the controllers is dead no lights no blinking light no anything. Last night it all worked perfectly. I checked fuses. Cords. Ran new cord new outlet. New cat 5 still dead. No life at all. Only about two months old and one night of lights ran on it. Any ideas or is it just a dead controller. Sucks because it's right in the middle of the 16 strings on the tree

What's really weird is that the network it's on goes controller 6,7( singing faces) cat 5 to first ccp (dead one) then cat 5 to three more ccp controllers and all of those work. So I got no power at all but the cat 5 is sending signal through it to the rest of the daisy chain

The ports will pass data through even without power.  It really sounds like a blown fuse/power issue.  Even though I haven't opened them up, the plugs on my CCP controllers appear to have fuses in them.

They do. I checked the fuse and even put the provided spare in. No good. Brought it inside and plugged it in still no flashy light inside controller

I had this happen and a chip inside of the controller had cracked right into. The controller worked just fine when testing. I never dropped it or anything. I have no idea how it happened. I sent it in about a week and a half ago to get it repaired. I did have an extra so I was good to go. If I were you I would use the controller that you have for the arch. I know that sucks but at least your tree would work just fine.

I think I'll just take the controller on strings15/16 and use it in the middle where the dead one is. At least I'll get a full image and not a broken one until they can send new one or fix it