Light-O-Rama Forums

Exported sequence has invalid time elements

k6ccc

Sorry I can't remember the exact wording, but my explanation should help.

I've seen this before and had it happen this weekend while sequencing my show opener sequence.  I finish the sequence in SSE and export in legacy format.  Attempt to open the file in SE and it gives an error that there are channels that have time elements that are longer than the sequence (or something like that).  I'm a geek that knows how to manually edit the xml file, so I look and for example have channels where the last on segment ends at 8719 centiseconds when the channel only goes to 8714 centiseconds.  Easy enough to fix IF you can manually edit the xml file.

Based on the channels involved, I think I know what creates the situation.  Take an existing scene or morph and copy and paste to later part of the sequence resulting in the scene going past the end of the sequence.  Then shorten it with the nudge tool until the scene is right to the end of the sequence.  I have lights that I don't want to ever turn off (tune to signs, porch light, security light for example), so I need them to be "on" right to the very end of the sequence.

Although it's not hard for me to fix with Notepad, is there a way to either fix it or prevent it from happening in the first place from within SuperStar?  Note that if re-opening the file in SSE, it will also give an error message about there being elements past the end of the sequence.

I should fix superstar so that it doesn't allow effects beyond the end of the song, but until the go to the end of the song and delete the effects that go beyond the end of the song. If the effects can't be selected, put the cursor near the end of the song and click on the Edit menu and choose "select all right" and then hit the delete button.

Is there a way currently to have an effect go exactly to the end (since that's often some odd number of centiseconds)?

No, there is not a way to have an effect end exactly on the end of the song. You can have it end to the nearest .05 seconds.

No, there is not a way to have an effect end exactly on the end of the song. You can have it end to the nearest .05 seconds.

That's a problem because I want some lights to stay on between songs, so it they get an off event with 1 centisecond left, they go off...

And no, putting those lights in a separate sequence in the background section does not work for some of those as they need to be controlled during songs.

I guess I should have said there is not a built in easy way to do it. But it is possible. For example, in the scene dialog box you can type in the starting and ending time and so you can type in a number that corresponds to the exact end of the song.

Another way to do it is too turn the channel on in the exported sequence in the sequence editor.