Light-O-Rama Forums

configuration of super star to dmx?

dan martens

ive been searching to find out a explanation of full range, enable smooth ramps, export raw colors when changing ccr to dmx to se. from  what I found I don't need to export raw colors.

im exporting a bought 12 ccr seq to 12 dmx seq

thanks for help

second question

when exporting I choose export in new format do I choose add intensity to existing or add intetensity to new?

please and thanks

3rd question

while trying to send sequecnce to se from ss I was getting a error and one channel pops up with nothing in the channel. Im not getting the error anymore but only one empty channel pops up

the error said something like my lisnence cant handle intensity files but I could still play.

im on advanced edition 40 ccr

I just upgraded two month ago 

my only goal is to convert 12 ccr sequence from super star to dmx in se for a pixel tree. Is it possible with out pro or do I need to go get pro?

If you are not running 4.2.10 I would recommend downloading it from the lightorama website.

You asked about "Full Range", "Enable Smooth Ramps", and "Export Raw Color Values." These are explained in the Help file. Launch SuperStar, click on the Help menu and select Contents. Expand the SuperStar Sequencer section, then expan "Custom Sequences". Among the subjects you will see "Balanced Color Mode / Full Color Mode", "Smooth Ramps", and "Export Raw Color Values."

You say your real goal is to export a 12 CCR sequence from superstar for a DMX pixel tree. Yes, you can do this without the Pro license. Do the following:

1) launch superstar

2) open your sequence

3) Click on the Tools menu and select "Configuration"

4) select "DMX" to enable the DMX section

5) Set the values in that section

6) click on OK

7) click on the File menu and select "Export to Sequence Editor"

choose "Legacy Format"

since you are exporting in DMX it does not matter what you set for "Include Macro Channels for Cosmic Color Devices"

8) Open the exported file in the sequence editor and you should be able to play it to your lights

I got pro now. exported from super star in legacy mode. The se seq  opened in dmx and has the correct addresses. So i played it to my tree and it looks ok but the music dancer is kind of goofy.(like its missing parts.) so i went back to super star and exported the intensity file by adding to existing seq .I played the seq after and it seems to be going really jumpy and still missing parts.

any ideas?

thank you

Brian

I think i got it. I have 50 pixel ribbons. I followed your instructions on your page and here to use visulizer and it crossed over just fine. The only thing im seeing wrong is the color brown in the ss is showing green on the tree. I think my original problem was i was not exporting in legacy mode. I thought that was for ccr only (rookie mistake) im now going to go to the help file to read about the raw color info

Thank you

To get the colors on the ribbons to best match what you see on the screen, make sure "Export Raw Color Values" is NOT selected in the Configuration dialog box. Also, are your ribbons Light-O-Rama ribbons or from another vendor? Most light-o-rama ribbons are "cool white" whereas other vendors may be "cool white" or "warm white". If you have v4.2.10 or 4.3.0 then there will be a "cool white" vs "warm white" option in the Configuration dialog box.

Tell me if you had "Export Raw Color Values" selected, and tell me if you had "cool white" or "warm white" selected.

Brian

I updated to 4102 40 ccr pro

Color mode is to balanced

Unchecked enable smooth ramps

Unchecked raw colors

Cool white is checked

Holiday coro 2811 pixels off a ecg p12

Only issue im having is the color difference from ss to the pixels

Brown in ss greenon pixel tree

The one thing i can add is that earlier in my fooling around i ended up with a extra channel that i believe is a intesity channel that was named prop. When i opened it it had some text like it was generated from pixel editor. I wonder if i need to add that or not?

Im very thankfull for help

It would be best if you send me an email at brian@superstarlights.com and I can remote into your computer and see better what is happening