Light-O-Rama Forums

Slight Lag with E1.31 controller

CLD Kevin

One of the shows Matrix screens have a slight stutter/lag. Using 2 E682 and the PC running is a brand new desktop i7 processor with 16G RAM. The same PC model PC is running 3 other shows with more channels and experience zero lag....other issues yes, but no lag. It's a standalone PC....nothing else is running. It's odd and can't figure out why? Any suggestions?

Edited by CLD Kevin

Kevin,

Is it just one sequence in your show that is acting up ?

How many channels in the display? Are your 682's fully patched to the current firmware version?

Does your PC have a NIC for the show and a NIC connecting to your local network or internet? (you might want to add a static route for multicast traffic)

Also, are you running this show with "show on demand" or via a schedule?

I have seen my show (only 3100 channels) lag when running show on demand but runs clean when enabled via a schedule.

Bob

Thanks Bob....running on demand so will try the schedule. Is that really suppose make a difference?

The PC is a standalone. So one LAN card and nothing else. It does have a wireless card for Internet connection but I had it disabled. I also removed all the junk programs.

I believe the number of channels is around 9K. E1.31 has 6K and the remaining 2K is reg LOR channels into 4 networks. The e682 firmware is what came with the board. Board is only 5 months old and I didn't look to see if a new version came out?

When using the scheduler I "preload" ( under "Options") the next sequence so there is no delay. You might try that too. 

That actually cause the show to lockup due to large file size..

Kevin,

I cant say for sure it makes a difference. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the issue will chime in....

That said, I do notice that mine will stutter/lag when run on demand. I'm not sure if its compressed vs non-compressed(?) I really don't know.

Bob