Light-O-Rama Forums

Show scheduler does not repeat songs in a loop - Error message

ORANGEDOG

When running a 'show' it will run through the list of songs but will not repeat / loop the song list.  I get an error message on the status screen - ERROR with sequence : invalid paly state (3) for intializeforplay.  seqences for halloween played / looped /repeated just fine.  I have created new songs for christmas in S4 V4.3.2  I can not fiqure out what is wrong.  Can some one help me out?  T I A

Try moving the last sequence in the show to earier in the show and see if the abort moves with it.

Might be a corrupt sequence file or audio file. If so it's time to get your backups out.

Thanks for the quick reply Phil.  The sequences do playback fine along with the audio both in SE and Show scheduler. I would not think it would be a corrupt file(s)   the error message repeats as if it is trying to re-load the sequences. 

I am having the same issue.  My system ran fine last year on S3.  Decided to upgrade to S4.2.10 this year.  Show plays and will randomly stop.  In the log file it shows the following:

ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Invalid play state  (3) for InitializeForPlay)  Musical:  C:\Users\Public\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\ ((Scrolls through the entire play list over and over)

I wonder if I need to open the sequences in the sequence editor to convert them from S3 to S4.  That may have something to do this issue, as the sequences have never been edited with S4.  I will try this idea and get back.

The test of editing the sequences with the upgraded S4 editor was a failure.  After the end of each show my system stops and just scrolls through errors as listed above.

Has anyone found a fix for this issue.  I can't leave my computer.

So far I have learned if I put two sequences in a show the system will error at the end of the show.  I created a show with the two sequences repeating 10 times and there has been no issues so far.  Waiting for the show to reach the end and see if it acts up. 

Latest update.  After the show played the two sequences 10 times and reached the end of the show to repeat it stopped and started showing the errors scrolling down the screen.

The only common thing about the error issue is it happens at the end of a show when it tries to start the loop over. 

For now I have the two sequences repeating up to an hour.  Then I go restart the show hourly. 

First, my show computer is running 4.2.4 and my sequencing computer is 4.3.2

I just did two tests.  The first test was to create a show containing three of my 2015 songs.  The first and third of them were re-hashed 2014 songs.  The only thing that was done in some version of S4 was to import a new channel configuration.  The middle song was a completely new song for 2015 that use an intensity file from SuperStar.  I played the show as a Show on Demand.  I played it long enough for it to play through the 3 songs twice and start the third round.  It worked just fine.

The second test was to create a two song show show that was using two of my 2014 songs.  Because I did a pretty major channel re-arrangement, I knew a bunch of channels would either play wrong or not at all - but that was OK for the purpose of the test.  I then played this show as a Show on Demand.  Again I played it long enough for it to loop around to the start.  It worked just fine.

Heres a long shot . . . Could it be because the created show with only two songs is the cause of this problem?   I am creating new sequences in both sequence editor and pixel editor.  I finished the first two songs and wanted to do a test to see if things work out and i wound up with this problem.  I have thought of doing what Mike did for running the show by manually duplicating the songs over and over in the same one show and physically restarting the show once it reached the end of the list. but that would be a pain.

sorry mike you have the same problem but on the other hand . .  I am thankful i am not the only one with this problem.

Thanks for the help guys but lets continue to solve this  . . .  and soon Please.

BTW, I would suggest that you submit a bug report in the Open Beta section.  Reference this thread in that report.

yes this error does start with the 'chinese characters.  the show player seems to not know to repeat / loop the show.  I am starting to think it is related to the pixel editor files as I am noticing this problem does not occur with non pixel editor created sequences. 

Not true as I do not use pixel editor and am having the same issues. I've had a help desk report on this since Thursday night and Bob is looking into it. I have a (9) song show that run flawlessly...... The first time. Once it got to the loop to play it again the error message flew. I was able to work around this by doing the following: create a show with song A, B, C etc.... Put song A, B C etc again.... I kept repeating this until I knew I'd have my 4 hr show filled.... Been running all night with no issues. I will be reporting this to Bob at LOR help desk. Just curious is everyone on Pro level?

I Opened a ticket with LOR on this issue on Friday and sent Bob all my files.  He is a champ, and I know he spent all day trying to find out what is going on.  Thanks for your continued hard work on this Bob.  I will post if I find out any other information on a solve.  

For the question asked above I am on a pro level.  And I am running on a long show sequence as above.  This is the work around for now, and thank God we have a way to run our shows.  

For others having this issue, just understand that once the list of sequences reaches the end in the show and tries to loop to start over again the system has been crashing and scroll errors on many system.  So make a very long show by repeating sequences in your show editor.  I got tired and made my show run two hours.  Meaning I have to Disable the shows gracefully then re-enable the show to start back from the beginning giving me two hours again.    

I'm having the same problem. First time ever having a problem with the show player. It happens with any number of sequences in the show. I've never used the pixel editor so that isn't the issue. Whatever it is, it should be more of a priority for LOR than it seems to be. The repair should have been released yesterday as far as I'm concerned.

Same problem here - the error message ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Invalid play state (3) for InitializedForPlay).  I have a 12 song show and 5 of the songs come up with this message.  Like some of the others the show went fine for the first runs of the 12 songs now down to 7.  I just upgraded a couple of weeks ago.  Ran all the sequences and the entire show through the Verifier and nothing came up.  Downs anyone have an answer?

I'm having the same issue. I have one sequence with the entire show. Sometimes it plays through 5 minutes and other times it will play through the show a couple of times before it stops. Currently running the show through the sequence editor.