Light-O-Rama Forums

Custom groups or TCM's

travisb6989

Ok this is my first year and I was going to run this year using the instant sequence feature so that I can get it going. Next year I plan to sequence myself when I have time. 

My question is, is there a way to be more specific when the software creates TCM or groups after importing a visualization file? I know you can adjust the number of grid lines and the max length of each line. But when i do this I cannot seem to ever get my front door pixels off of the roof line pixels. It would be nice if there was a way to click the little green boxes and move them around to specify which group to be a part of.

Let me know if anyone has thoughts on this or if its possible to do. If so, how??

Thanks very much!

Yes, I will be the first to admit that currently when superstar imports a visualization the way it does it can be unexpected. I attempted to make it "automatic" and I did this by having it work for the visualizations that people sent me at the time. But back then nobody was putting pixels on rooflines and so I never tested that.

But something you can try is to click on the "superstar" button in the prop containing the pixels and set "this prop is a matrix" to "No"

If that doesn't help then email your visualization to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

Next year I want to rework how visualizations get imported and use the approach of some simple "less automatic" rules, and also allow the user to rearrange things from within superstar.

Maybe I misunderstand the question, but what if you used the function in the Visualizer to Force SuperStar Row/Column. That's what I did and I'm having better results, but still struggling quite a bit. 

• 3 months later...
On 11/26/2015 at 4:15 PM, BrianBruderer said:

Yes, I will be the first to admit that currently when superstar imports a visualization the way it does it can be unexpected. I attempted to make it "automatic" and I did this by having it work for the visualizations that people sent me at the time. But back then nobody was putting pixels on rooflines and so I never tested that.

But something you can try is to click on the "superstar" button in the prop containing the pixels and set "this prop is a matrix" to "No"

If that doesn't help then email your visualization to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

Next year I want to rework how visualizations get imported and use the approach of some simple "less automatic" rules, and also allow the user to rearrange things from within superstar.

I look forward to this, I hate having 8 mini trees, 2 candy cane fans, fence line and 4 mega arches all on one line.