Light-O-Rama Forums

Lighting up a Pop Up Camper

Bjorn74

I've pledged to turn my camper into a light show in August during a big Geocaching event. www.MWGB.org The theme bird for 2008 is a parrot dressed up in pirate garb. The birds so far have been flamingos, penguins and ducks.

What songs would you sequence and if you had a small budget ($200 hopefully) what features would you look for to add to a display?

Since I'm one of the founders, I get a room at the hotel next to the fairgrounds. We use our camper as an on-venue escape and the broadcast booth for a radio station we use to broadcast announcements, music and Geocaching shows made by podcasters. This year we'll be running two radio stations aftert dark.

Well, not really. We'll have 30 amp service from at least three boxes in a campground. Althought finding a safe way to erect a mega tree on top of the camper before cranking the top up would be cool.

Bjorn74 wrote:

I've pledged to turn my camper into a light show in August during a big Geocaching event.  www.MWGB.org  The theme bird for 2008 is a parrot dressed up in pirate garb. 

What songs would you sequence and if you had a small budget ($200 hopefully) what features would you look for to add to a display?

I would be hitting the stores for Jimmy Buffet songs, and maybe a few Beach Boys. OK i just like the Beach Boys the the parrot is all tropical island. Also consider Pirates of the Caribbean and Black Beard movie sound tracks.

Jaye

Well, WiW probably has to be done, but I might not spend any time with it. I'm in the "Not A Fan" group. I spent the night at their concert last year hoping they wouldn't butcher Carmina Burana's intro again, but they did.

I'm sure I'll get plenty of tracks from the Beach Boys and Jimmy Buffet. I've also got the Rogues' Gallery collection that came out recently. Not all of them are family friendly, though.

Bjorn74 wrote:

I'm in the "Not A Fan" group.

Me too, we should get T-shirts made up :).

-Tim