Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB issues

Art

I am new to the LOR family and have one 16 port controller and a CCB controller.  I am able to get the CCB to work using the hardware software, but when I try to use / test this using the sequencer it doesn't work.  I have added the CCB in the sequencer and see that I have 50 black line channels whit a red green blue sub channel.  When I try to run the sequencer with a song nothing lights.  I have added the fade to black on all of these channels, and see the sequencer working but I get no lights coming on.   Any suggestions?  I have tried pushing my network speed from 56 to 115.4 without any change.

What controller number (or numbers) is the CCB controller, and did you set the correct controller number in Sequence Editor? Also what level of license do you have?

using controller # 10 and 11.  Also have checked the "Play Light".  I have the basic license and was wondering if I should upgrade to another software verison?  Would that help?

*** Basic supports Unit IDs 01 and 02. Basic Plus supports Unit IDs 01 thru 04. Standard supports Unit IDs 01 thru 08.

This is from LOR store website. I did not know this was the case either, learn something everyday!
Try switching your CCB to units 1 and/or 2 and switching it on your test sequence. Should work then. When it does, time for an upgrade!!

To add onto what Saxon said, since you already had one 16 channel controller (which I assume is unit ID 01, you would not want to use units 01 & 02 for the CCB as the channels would duplicate for controller 01.  You have a couple choices.  One is to use IDs 02 & 03 or IDs 03 & 04 for the CCBs and upgrade to a Basic Plus or higher license.  Your other choice is in the Hardware Utility set the CCB controller so that both strings or lights are treated as a single string with channels 01 - 314 if I remember that right, and set the CCB controller to ID 02.  I believe that would allow you to run both your CCBs and original 16 channel controller without paying for a license upgrade.

Let me explain one part a little.  A dual string Cosmic Color device (CCB or CCP) can be configured in three ways.  This is set with the Hardware Utility.  From the software help:

Unit ID Mode:

In "Normal" mode, the Cosmic Color device will be a single unit ID, with 157 circuit IDs for a one-string CCD or 314 for a two-string.  

In "Legacy" mode, the Cosmic Color device will use up to ten sequential unit IDs per string (depending upon the configured resolution), with up to 16 circuit IDs for each unit ID.

In "Dual Normal" mode, which is applicable for two-string CCDs, the device will have two contiguous unit IDs, each having 157 circuit IDs.

To explain Dual Normal mode in a little more detail.  If you set the unit ID for a CCB controller to 02 (for example), and the Unit ID mode to Dual Normal, that controller will actually respond to command for controller ID 02 & 03 with each of the two strings appearing to be a separate controller.  Note that the Hardware Utility will still see it as only 1 controller.

Since the LOR software licensing limits the maximum controller ID number that can be controlled for a given license level, using Normal mode would allow using both strings plus your original 16 channel controller with your basic level license.  The disadvantage is that it's less convenient to have different strings start with different channel numbers.