Light-O-Rama Forums

How Visualization Pairs Rows are ordered in SS grid

petek157

I can seem to wrap my head around how SS orders the rows that I have made in my rows vis. file.  Id like to be able to arrange the props in the vis. rows file so that they end up in a certain order in the SS grid.  Is this possible? How does SS read the rows vis file and decide what order to place the grids?

Thanks

It puts a matrix at the bottom, and then looks for rows of lights and places them in rows in the sequencing grid. You can use the "import visualization pair" feature to help do this. The real visualization is how your display really is. In the Row visualization you move props and fixtures into rows.

Also, it will keep fixtures that are in a prop together.

Unfortunately there is not a tutorial on using the "import visualization pair" feature.

To move things around in the row visualization click on the prop or fixture and click and drag on the center of the prop or fixture. Are you saying that you cannot move the props or fixtures? Or are you saying that even if you move them they don't import differently?

When i choose the import viz pair, i choose the same viz file for both correct? After importuning, it looks the seem as if i just imported a regular viz file. I clicked on the prop in the row viz but all it does is light up that square.

For the button that says "import row visualization" you choose the visualization you have organized in rows.

For the button that says "import real visualization" you choose the visualization that looks like your actual display

Jerry you need 2 different visualizations.  One that is set up like your display will look, and one I just took that one saved as *_row and removed the background and take all the props and stacked them above one another.  Then do like Brian is saying above.  My question was how the timing seq grid decides to organize.  For example in my row vis file I have a vertical wall on top, under that I have that eve line, then a CCR arch under that.  I laid them out in the order that they would be on the house.  But SS's grid order may end up Arch, Vert wall, then Eve line.  Im trying to figure out how to lay out my vis row file so the SS seq grid draws in the same order as the vis row file.

post-8313-0-65394400-1448468791_thumb.jp

Thanks

I will be the first to admit that how superstar decides to import stuff, even when laid out in rows, can be unexpected. Some of the reasons it can do unexpected things is that it puts things that it thinks are a matrix at the bottom.

email your visualizations to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

Ha thats funny.  All my emails and websites (mine and sites I build for others) are down.  I will send them to you once thats back up.  Hopefully SOON!

Is there a tutorial on this some where Brian? I tried doing what you said, but i can not move anything around.

Check Ron Boyd website or contact him, he has simple yet effective video of how he uses Vis pairs.

I am struggling with this as well.   I have moved my props around into rows and imported the Visualization file into SS. I also put all of the features that I wanted in the same row into the same prop.  When I import the visualization file, the rows seem really random.    Fixtures that are in the same prop are not in the same row and there are a few props that are not even showing up in any of the rows.  (After highlighting all of the boxes in the grid, there are still fixtures in the image that have not been selected.

Can someone help me with this, please?

Edited by Amie

• 2 weeks later...

Need help with a couple of issues.

1 - Is there a way to see explicitly what controller and channel are assigned to the sequencing grid without exporting to a sequence? I'm not sure if my star is operating as planned because of my sloppy visualizer creation or the sequencer grid cells are not assigned to the controllers I think they are (and hence the post to this topic).

2 - I'm getting a warning that "channel 39.151 is assigned to more than one object in the visualization file" when I play the sequence.

I needed to create a custom visualization to support a tree and star built for an event and when I start the sequence in superstar I get the above error. We have a 12 strand CCB tree and a 5 level star with two strands of CCBs. Each level of the star has 20 CCBs, so one strand fills in 2.5 levels and the other strand fills in the other 2.5.

I created the star by taking the sample "Superstar_12ribbons_ccr" selecting the inner most level of that star's fixture (uses 20 bulbs ;-)) and exported it as a fixture file. I then created a new visualization importing the 20 bulb star fixture and copied, pasted, moved, resized, and assigned to a prop until I had 5 levels of stars with 20 bulbs each. I then ran the channel assignment wizard on the prop assigning id 27 (39 in decimal) id 1 to Star 5, 27.21 to star 4, 27.41 to star 3, 28.11 to star 2, and 28.31 to star 1. I saved and exported as a prop file "MyStar". I reopened the "Superstar_12ribbons_ccr" file, deleted all the star objects in that sample, saved, then imported the "MyStar" prop. I ran the channel assignment wizard again on the ribbons and the star; the CCRs were assigned incrementing controller ids and the above assignments were made to the star prop. I saved the visualization file, quit, and opened superstar. I opened the purchased sequence, then imported the visualization selecting "Verticle". The visualization and sequencing grid came through somewhat as expected; I have the first 10 columns with 50 rows od cells, the next two columns have 40 rows of cells (four levels of my star) and the last column has 20 rows (the last level of my star).

I'm running 4.2.6 of superstar and visualizer. 

A picture is worth a thousand words as they say. Please email your real visualization and your row visualization to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.