Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16D

Peter B

Jeff Millard wrote:

The green board's logic power supplies didn't really provide enough capacity to power off-controller accessories like an Easy Light Linker or iDMX. They will, but they don't like it... The Blue board's voltage regulators are beefed up and have heat sinks added. They can handle all the new fun stuf out now, and coming out soon.

Jeff

Any ideas if we have green boards, if we can exchange them or get a replacement regulator, or is that a dan question.

Jeff Millard wrote:

The green board's logic power supplies didn't really provide enough capacity to power off-controller accessories like an Easy Light Linker or iDMX. They will, but they don't like it... The Blue board's voltage regulators are beefed up and have heat sinks added. They can handle all the new fun stuf out now, and coming out soon.

Jeff

Can we not add heat sinks to the voltage requlators of our green boards, (it sound's like something I might want to do anyway, now that I am aware they don't have heat sinks)

Bill

Jeff Millard wrote:

Jeff

Ahh, i was going to get the ctb16d, so it's best to wait for the blue ones to come out? Hopefully they will be out before the sale.

Bad-Magic wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:

Jeff

Ahh, i was going to get the ctb16d, so it's best to wait for the blue ones to come out? Hopefully they will be out before the sale.

The current board is the blue board; they have been out for a year or more.

Jeff Millard wrote:

One of the two regulators is physically larger on the Blue board.

Jeff

Jeff

A heat sink would still help I think, would you happen to know what the part numbers of both regulators is (if not I'll open of of the older controllers and the newer controllers and see for my self) I am just wondering if the larger regulator is electrically wired the same, but can handle more current. It would be nice it it could be replaced.

Bill

Jeff can you expound on that? I'd never heard that before...

All my boards are either "green board" CTB-16D's or CTB-08's. Will I have issues if I ever add anything like the iDMX? No plans to add ELL's for now but maybe someday...

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

Jeff can you expound on that? I'd never heard that before...

All my boards are either "green board" CTB-16D's or CTB-08's. Will I have issues if I ever add anything like the iDMX? No plans to add ELL's for now but maybe someday...

-Tim

I should have provided some context for my question, and I can no longer edit it... I was referring to the comment:

Thanks,

-Tim