Light-O-Rama Forums

Import of Visualization error

nicksullivan

Not sure if this is a bug or not.  I'm using the Import Visualization it throws an error importing certain fixtures.  I have 3300 pixels in about 7 props and about 20 fixtures.  It seems that I can only add a certain amount and then it stops letting me add more.  I'm using 4.2.10 with a 60 ccr Pro license.  It just throws and error saying it can't add the prop.  Have looked at all the setting and made sure they are not using the same universe or anything.  Nothing seems to work.  Any clue?

thanks

nick

will do.  However I just did a test and removed 200 pixels from it and it imported the other props...  Does the license limit the import?

The license does not limit the import. The only difference with having the superstar license is that it enables you to export sequences. Other than that, none of the other code looks at the license level.

There is a maximum of 64 sequencing rows allowed. The first error box indicates as such. Then the second error box gives one of the items that it failed to add. But the cause of the failure is because there are more than 64 sequencing rows.

To fix this you can click on the "superstar" button of each prop and give it a row and column location. Then you can move the props to locations other than the first row of the sequencing grid. Also, it can be confusing, the Row and Column terminology is for a vertical visualization. If you imported horizontally then Row and Column are reversed. 

Also, when you click on the "superstar" button of each prop, the row and column default to 0, 0. You must change them both to non-zero values.

Nick, Brian added that 64 line limit message as part of a similar problem I was having a few weeks ago. He and I spent several hours on the phone figuring a few things out. In fact until the new beta came out last Friday, I was running a custom beta version that Brian literally created while we were on the phone.

His suggestion about using the SuperStar button in Visualizer to manually place the props in the grid took a little trial and error on my part to figure how the prop and fixture placements interact, but it allowed me to build a grid that is an absolute breeze to use. It makes it easy to do things such as have 25 assured lights on one row, but separated with some blank blocks so it's far easier to figure out what is what. I only did a little of that a few weeks ago, but will do that extensively for next year. Well worth the time to set it up in Visualizer.

ok made the change but still getting an error now on only one prop.  not sure why.  emailed you the file.  I can now add other props fine and have tried deleting and re-adding it but no luck.

Nick, Brian added that 64 line limit message as part of a similar problem I was having a few weeks ago. He and I spent several hours on the phone figuring a few things out. In fact until the new beta came out last Friday, I was running a custom beta version that Brian literally created while we were on the phone. His suggestion about using the SuperStar button in Visualizer to manually place the props in the grid took a little trial and error on my part to figure how the prop and fixture placements interact, but it allowed me to build a grid that is an absolute breeze to use. It makes it easy to do things such as have 25 assured lights on one row, but separated with some blank blocks so it's far easier to figure out what is what. I only did a little of that a few weeks ago, but will do that extensively for next year. Well worth the time to set it up in Visualizer.

Jim,

Completely agree about being able to put stuff where you want on the grid.  Makes a world of difference.  Little confusing at first but one you figure it out makes a world of being able to put a blank space in to separate props.  I'm just still having an issue with one prop that is 73 long.  It won't loop for some reason while all the other ones will... 

thanks

nick

Ok figured it out.  I just split the prop in 2 at the middle.  Actually works out better because now i can place it better on the grid.  Thanks everyone!!!  Forcing the placement on the grid is definitely the way to go.

Ok now I'm having the same problem but can't figure it out.  I'm trying to add a matrix that has 420 lights in a 60x7 but keep getting this error.  Brian I sent you an email with the file.  Seem like every step forward I go back 3...

Well, the good news is that you shouldn't feel bad, its not your fault. The bad news is there is a bug in superstar that you are going to have to work around.

It turns out that when the delete a prop in the visualizer, there is still a piece of it in the file. And if you had a row/column set for that prop when you deleted it, superstar still reads it and uses it.

So what you need to do is export the props in your file, then import them into a new file. And that will get rid of the deleted junk.

Then, from here out, if you need to delete a prop, be sure to uncheck the row/column option before deleting it.