Light-O-Rama Forums
ItsMeBobO

BL05 v4.3.0 Visualizer time running backwards

Several shutdowns (not reboot) and unplugging did not resolve this.  Notice current uptime says 6h37m... this snap is the first thing I did after reboot.  Time zone -6

TimeBackwards.jpg

specy20151121.jpg

Update:   Another shut down and unplug.   Finally Uninstalled 4.3.0 and installed 4.2.10 and the problem went away.

I get the same thing as well.

Visualizer_Backwards.png

Same issue, reboot doesn't solve it, even tried running as administrator and in various compatibility modes. Windows 7 x64

Yeah. Same thing for me. Had to figure out the problem while riding in a van going through busy downtown Atlanta traffic! Wasn't happy.  Now if I can get all the elements in the 4.2.10 Vis to show. Going to look for that solution now on the forum and post if I can't find it.

Just as an aside, the verifier in 4,2,10 still reports 4.3 after reversion.

I'm glad I never update software this close to display season. And every year, this just gets reaffirmed over and over in threads just like this one. As predictable as sequence-begging this time of year...

The show computer is often versions behind the sequencing computer to protect its ability to play the show.  

For just sequencing,  I have no fear at all in trying the upgrades on that machine.  Reverting is easy, no sequences are at risk if backups are done. 

Same here. The show computer is running 4.2.4 Just the sequencing computer got the beta, and at this point I don't really need the Visualizer - I just walk out front and look at the actual lights. The only sequencing I'm doing right now is in SuperStar.

Yep same for me I'm running 4.2.6 on my show pc all sequences backed up. I just wanted to tinker with the new effects...all went well I'd run them. I still may since everythings up and show is running I have no need for visualizer anyhow.

Btw guys I did some pixel editing on the new version, used some of the new effects, I saved, saved intensity and dropped the sequence on my show PC that's running version 4.2.6 and the sequence ran perfect, even the new effects worked.

CRAP!!!!!

That was some debug code I put in and it got out into the wild.  

CRAP!!!

Sorry guys, completely 110% my fault.

Give me 30 minutes.  I'll have a new visualizer EXE that you can use for now.  On Monday we'll release another version with the correction.

(Use the 4.3.2 release, not this)

A real release will be made today.  Based on "this may be pointing at incorrect DLLs", I'd suggest not installing Mike's temporary workaround version unless you're truly desperate.

Everyone please thank Bob for creating a build on his day off.  :)

Thanks Bob!

Thanks so much. We know a beta wont be perfect. So i think we all have to be patient. But when these guys jump to it this fast OMG i can't ask for anything better than this for support. Truly remarkable............. Thanks so much for the hard work. Really impressed.  Thanks

If its not too much work can you post the link here once your done Bob.................. and you rock ... many thanks................

can you post the link here

Release announcement here.

4.3.2 Visualizer up and running.

Thanks Bob and Mike.

Please thank Bob and not me.  I'm the one that made the idiot mistake, so I get the flogging not the thanking.