Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX Dumb RGB sequence want to add my LOR sequence

Randy Martin

I will have two dongles one entec and one from LORI bought a display that only uses DMX dumb RGB and want to add my LOR template to it so I can use all my other lights in this new sequence.

Will I have to rename all the controllers as the DMX controllers are controller 1 and my LOR are controller 1

Is there a manual for this some where? 

I have his sequence and then add my channels to it so I can play both at the same time. or make a sequence in  LOR with the same music and then how would I get them to play at same time. 

So

RGB DMX sequence add More channels LOR in the same sequence

RGB DMX sequence the another sequence in LOR  and play at the same time 

You can copy and paste your channels to the new sequence or copy and paste the new sequence to your old one   just make sure that the music is the same

okay set up universe 1 in dmx

downloaded driver for enttec dongle and says in device manager com port. everything proper

plug in 27 channel controller that came with sequence red light comes on and is steady on

but HU doesn't recognize it. or will it control the lights

DMX is one way. The controller (Your PC) doesn't know what it is controlling. It cannot get that information. It just puts out channel numbers and ther intensities.

The Hardware Utility is for LOR devices. You should be able to control your 27 channel controller. Also the lights can mean different things on DMX devices. I have a mains voltage dimmer that goes steady on when it is not receiving DMX and flashes when it is, contradictory to LOR controllers.

thank you for your help as this forum is great for giving helpful information for user that want to learn and improve.

I got it up and running