Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't update controller firmware, or use enhanced protocol

Ericcova

Was trying to use the intensity data for my setup. When I do, my older controllers will not work. If I disable the enhanced protocol, everything works fine, with the exception of my arches and tree (because they are using enhanced). I tried to update the firmware, but it says that it is not the right firmware for the device. I was trying to update to 4.40 from 4.32. After checking, it left me with the bootloader, so I reloaded 4.32, which is back to where I was. Can I not use the enhanced protocol with the older CTB16s? Assume worst case scenario, I can run 2 networks, but then I need to buy another dongle. Anyone dealt with this, I think I bought the original controllers in 2012.

post-15321-0-74267400-1447618283_thumb.p

When it comes to the AC controllers, only G3 controllers can run the enhanced network. If your status light inside of that controller is Red, then it is an older version and will not run enhanced. There is no firmware update you can load that will make it work.

Your options would be to run a second network, or don't use intensity data and run a single network.

That is what I was afraid of. I already bought the software for pixel editor and programmed everything. Guess I need another network. Thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...

That is what I was afraid of. I already bought the software for pixel editor and programmed everything. Guess I need another network. Thanks for the reply.

Just another reason for those of us with older controllers to keep the move toward e1.31 devices and away from CCR/Bs. I have the same problem where my CCRs will not work with he pixel editor. For me to add another network, I'd need another pair of ELLs. No need for ELLs with wifi. ;-)

Mike

ditto the second network; solved several of my problems

Just have to go in the sequence's and reasign the controllers; not to bad really

ditto the second network; solved several of my problems

Just have to go in the sequence's and reasign the controllers; not to bad really

And if you're using the "Master track" method of sequence structure, you only have to make those changes once and then simply import that new config into all your existing sequences. Takes about a minute per sequence (if you're slow) and is 100% error-free every time.