Light-O-Rama Forums

Secquence locks up

Gary N

Sometimes at the end of a song the sequence will lock up in play mode. The song will finish, but it will not stop. Stop button will not work, I can not get the sequence to work again with out shutting down the sequence editor. This has happened in different versions of LOR. Its not always the same song. I hope this will not happen during a show. Does anyone have an idea why this happens?

Gary N

Hi Bob, 

I started with s3 at the end of april I think, when I first started with LOR. I am now using 4.2.6. I have noticed it only happens with holdman sequences that I am using. I have made sure everything is correct, lenght of song, number of timmings, and timming( .05, freedom, etc). I found timming grids with his sequnces the hard way, when things were not in time, (he does not use the same timmings in each song). I actualy copy and paste his timmings to make sure they are correct. Is it possible that when sequenceing, if you go from SE to visualizer to fast, this could happen? It only happens when I have been sequenceing for a while. It was happening alot when I was using version 4.0.38, now with 4.2.6 it only happened twice. It happened last night, thats why I though I would throw this out there. It does not seem to be a big problem, it will save anything that I have programed, before shutting down. It may have something to do with his sequences are S2 i believe.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Gary N.

When you say the stop button doesn't work, do you mean that after the sequence seems to have ended, the play buttons remain greyed out, and the stop button remains "ungreyed", and pushing the stop button does nothing? Or do you mean something else?

Am I understanding correctly that you can do things like save the sequence even after it gets in this weird state?

Does it matter what "play range" setting you're using?

If you go to the Play menu, do the things like "Play" and "Stop" on there correspond to how they are on the toolbar? That is, for example, if the toolbar play buttons are greyed out, is the "Start This Sequence" menu item on the Play menu also greyed out?

Yes The play buttom is grayed out, The stop button is still red. The song ends at the end of the sequence, and nothing. It will just stop and the end, it does not return to the beginning, or where you have you were in the song if it was in a different play mode, I have had it in both situations. Not much will work, it is just locked up. When I say you can save your work It will ask you when you shut down SE. Edit, and file will drop down, if you click on them, but nothing will happen if you try to use something. The only thing you can do is shut down the SE completely, and restart it, open the song back up, and it seems to work fine.  I did most of my sequenceing in 4.0.38, this is when I had the most problems. Now with 4.2.6 it has only happen twice.

Bob, I have a short 45 second spot sequence. I can play it manually with the Control Panel on and Control Lights is checked and it works fine. But after playing it 2 or 3 times it locks up. The time cursor returns to the beginning, but the play button is greyed out and the stop button does not work. Here is a image I captured. I hope this does not effect the actual show and lock up after playing each song. I have upgraded to 4.2.10 and the problem is still present.

selocked.jpg

Can you please send me (bob@lightorama.com) an email with the following information:

(1) Your forum username

(2) This thread's URL, which is:

forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/38126-secquence-locks-up/

(3) A copy of the sequence file (*.lms)

(4) A copy of the song file (*.mp3 or whatever)

(5) A copy of the intensity data file (*.lid)

(6) A copy of the output of the LOR Diagnostic program

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

I'am a little stupid with the computer, It's not like dqhall's problem with he can show a copy of. I do not use PE or superstar, its advanced SE. I will get someone to help get the info to you. I think it is just a problem between old and new versions of the program, It did warn me of this when saving the old file with the music file. As I said, it is just with the older holdman sequences, and I can not make it happen, it just sometimes locks up. It has not happened for a while now.