Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar Sequencer used for all sequencing?

Ed K

Can SuperStar Sequencer (SS) be used to develop all my sequences, regardless of the fixture (LED strings, CCRs, RGB strings, floods)?  In other words, can I use SS exclusively to develop every channel sequence and every visual sequence (e.g., for LOR's CCRs), and then just export the files to the Sequence Editor (SE)?   I'd like to use a single application for all my sequencing, rather than switching back and forth between SE and SS to develop channel v. visual sequences.  I ask because maybe SE is so much easier to develop channel sequences, so I should use SE, and still import visual sequences from SS.

Thanks from this newbie -- I'm just doing some advanced planning for 2016 Christmas as my first with any LOR equipment or software.

Ed

I am doing it this year with the exception of my 360 degree megatree, that needs to be done separately because I use the "wraparound" grid to do the spirals around the tree.  Otherwise yes I'm able to do smart pixels and regular led fixtures together.  The grid can get a little small however unless you float the windows and stretch it out.

I've done all my sequencing entirely in SuperStar. Going to delve into Pixel Editor after I finish what I know have to have finished for my show this year.

Edited by jamills706

Is there a trading video on how to do this? I thought SS was mainly for the graphical trees and parallel CCRs mainly. I like the idea of using one program too.

Could it also control the standard 16 channel controllers?

I do it all in SuperStar.  My only limitation last year was the 1,000 fixture limit in Visualizer.  With the S4 upgrade, that problem is eliminated since every single pixel no longer needs to be it's own fixture.

• Like 1

Sorry, I forgot to "Follow" my own post.  Aging process.

Yes, LOR has two tutorials about sequencing with SS.  The first is how to use visualizer to create visualizations to be used by SuperStar:  

The second video shows how to import this visualization into SS and use it to create effects on those lights:

Ed K.

Thanks for the feedback on using just SS for sequencing. Provides some comfort that some veterans are using it almost exclusively.

I've begun to develop a sequence with SS, which first let me create a visualization of my house and lights.  So far it seems to work fine.  Very different set of tools than the Sequence Editor.

Ed

• Like 1