Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixcon 16 to Stand alone PC

Cheski

It states in the Pixcon manual that it can be connected directly to a PC.  The LOR Network Configuration program shows the Pixcon, but with the default IP address, 192.168.0.50.  When I click on the list it gives me an error, "This devce can not be load".  HELP! 

I will check out the update.  Hopefully the update also clears up having to reboot your computer after there is an error while running the network configuration.  I have read the E1.31 document.  Thanks

• 2 years later...

I did get my pixel tree and firesticks to work last year and they are working this year.  However, I have added 2 pixel stars (50 pixels each) this year and I can not get into the pixcon configuration to set the universes and channels.  I am running the pixcon 16 in E1.31 mode. I am running LOR ver 4.3.14 software. When I click on find/configure, it finds the board (192.168.11.3  LOR Pixcon).  It is listed in white.  When I click on the board it states that "The device configuration could not be loaded.  etc".  When I run the trouble shooter it ask if I am running through a router, I click on yes.  I do not have any other networks running including wireless.  It states that the "computer is using dynamic IP address.  Set board to run a dynamic address as well".  How can I set the board to run dynamic address if I can not get into the configuration?  My computer IV4 address is 192.168.11.2

I tried connecting directly from the Pixcon to the PC, but then it does not find the board.  What am I doing wrong?  I am only dangerous when using E1.31 and IP Adresses.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks

Rick

Are you positive that the pixcon ip address is 192.168.11.3?  Can you ping the pixcon ip address?  If you can then you should be able to open your browser and type 192.169.11.3 in the very top search bar and it should open the pixcon web interface.

The 192.168.11.3 is what shows up in the configuration box.  I will try to ping the pixcon after the show tonight.  It is obvious that the PC is talking to the pixcon because the pixel tree (400 pixels) and the 2 firesticks (150 pixels each) are working.  Just the new pixel stars (100 pixels) are not.

Thanks

Rick

I was able to ping the address 192.68.3, but could not get into the pixcon interface through the browser.  I reconnected both my wireless network and hardware network (goes through router) and now can get into the configuration.  I set the universe and channels for the pixel stars, but they will not turn on.  I checked the channel IDs in one of my sequences and they seem to be correct ( universe 6, channels 1 through 300).  I have 100 pixels (50 for each star).   Control panel is running.  I tried using the "test physical channel on" option, but this did not turn on pixels.  I am running all the same type of pixel.  WS2812.  I tried another brand new string, but they did not work.  I may try to change the port to see if port 5 is bad.  As I mentioned previously the other pixels work.  They are on ports 1 through 4.   Any ides?

Thanks

Rick

27 minutes ago, Cheski said:

I was able to ping the address 192.68.3, but could not get into the pixcon interface through the browser.  I reconnected both my wireless network and hardware network (goes through router) and now can get into the configuration.  I set the universe and channels for the pixel stars, but they will not turn on.  I checked the channel IDs in one of my sequences and they seem to be correct ( universe 6, channels 1 through 300).  I have 100 pixels (50 for each star).   Control panel is running.  I tried using the "test physical channel on" option, but this did not turn on pixels.  I am running all the same type of pixel.  WS2812.  I tried another brand new string, but they did not work.  I may try to change the port to see if port 5 is bad.  As I mentioned previously the other pixels work.  They are on ports 1 through 4.   Any ides?

Thanks

Rick

Are you trying to connect without a Switch (direct from PC to Pixcon)?  You need a crossover  network cable

Followup.  I ran the hardware test pattern and everything ran except the pixel stars.  I tried changing port and that did not help.

Thanks

Rick

• The topic was locked