Light-O-Rama Forums

iDMX-1000 Unit ID Confusion

twalker1998

I have never used LOR software or hardware before, but am planning to rely heavily on it in a show that I'm working on over the next few months. My plan is to have the LOR Sequencing Suite connected to 12 cosmic color ribbons with an iDMX-1000 at the end of it to control 42 DMX fixtures. Reading the manual for the iDMX-1000, it looks like I can only have 16 DMX addresses per unit ID, but with the amount of fixtures I obviously won't have enough to do that. Also, 36 of my DMX fixtures only take 3 addresses. Is there a way to just address 3 DMX addresses to each unit ID or am I stuck with the 16 addresses per unit ID?

Also, I hope this makes sense, seeing as I've never worked with LOR equipment before I'm not very familiar with the usage of it.

I have never used LOR software or hardware before, but am planning to rely heavily on it in a show that I'm working on over the next few months. My plan is to have the LOR Sequencing Suite connected to 12 cosmic color ribbons with an iDMX-1000 at the end of it to control 42 DMX fixtures. Reading the manual for the iDMX-1000, it looks like I can only have 16 DMX addresses per unit ID, but with the amount of fixtures I obviously won't have enough to do that. Also, 36 of my DMX fixtures only take 3 addresses. Is there a way to just address 3 DMX addresses to each unit ID or am I stuck with the 16 addresses per unit ID?

Also, I hope this makes sense, seeing as I've never worked with LOR equipment before I'm not very familiar with the usage of it.

You can actually have 128 channels with full LOR effects... after that it is DMX control only

• The topic was locked