Feliz Navidad 9

Holy Night 5
Rain 5

Mad Russian 4
Jingle Bell Rock 0.882

Christmas Song 0.88

Silent Night 0.835

Edited by Crazydave

Been working with Bob from LOR and he sent me a exe files called "Monitor Memory Manager". It suppose to decache sequence before playing to free up memory. All sequences being used are in the 250mb to 600mb range.....over 10K Channels. 15 songs. We try using the program last light and like clockwork....at the 5hr marker of running it did it again. So the program they sent didn't work. I too believe it's a memory issue but have no idea where to go from here.

What if instead of letting the show loop continously....

....what if you schedule the show to end at at a time of the last song and the schedule the show to start again right after that

I had the Chinese characters too when I accidently pulled out the usb from the adapter for regular network.     They shot past and disappeared and also there were port not found messages.  
After re plugging the slash is seen as W with strike out.   But only in the status window.  Pasting into notepad and word and here they are not seen that way

StrangeCharsInStatusWindowBobO.jpg

8:25:11 PM: Ending Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015WizardsInWinter.lms.lcs
8:25:11 PM: Delaying between Musical sequences for 1 seconds
8:25:13 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015GodRestYe.lms.lcs
8:25:13 PM: Starting Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015GodRestYe.lms.lcs
8:28:44 PM: Ending Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015GodRestYe.lms.lcs
8:28:44 PM: Delaying between Musical sequences for 1 seconds
8:28:45 PM: Loading sequence: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015ChristmasCanCan.lms
8:28:55 PM: ERROR STARTING SEQUENCE (The attribute 'endCentisecond' is already used in element 'effect'): Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015ChristmasCanCan.lms
8:28:55 PM: Ending Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015ChristmasCanCan.lms
8:28:55 PM: Delaying between Musical sequences for 1 seconds
8:28:56 PM: Loading sequence: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015ChristmasCannon.lms
8:29:04 PM: ERROR STARTING SEQUENCE (Expected equal sign): Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015ChristmasCannon.lms
8:29:04 PM: Ending Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015ChristmasCannon.lms
8:29:04 PM: Delaying between Musical sequences for 1 seconds
8:29:06 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015CarolOfTheBellsDavidFoster.lms.lcs
8:29:06 PM: Starting Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015CarolOfTheBellsDavidFoster.lms.lcs
8:31:41 PM: Ending Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015CarolOfTheBellsDavidFoster.lms.lcs
8:31:41 PM: Delaying between Musical sequences for 1 seconds
8:31:42 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015DingDongFrog.lms.lcs
8:31:42 PM: Starting Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015DingDongFrog.lms.lcs
8:33:39 PM: Ending Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015DingDongFrog.lms.lcs
8:33:39 PM: Delaying between Musical sequences for 1 seconds
8:33:41 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015LightMeUpOwlCity.lms.lcs
8:33:41 PM: Starting Musical: C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\15\BobO2015LightMeUpOwlCity.lms.lcs

Dont make fun of me for where my sequences are located!   This show computer is old and I had LOR 1.3 installed on it and never moved my sequences folder to user documents. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO

I just got Chinese writing on my status log today. I stopped my schedule, requested a show on demand and the first line was Chinese. The font of the text from that moment on changed slightly too. I watched one sequence and it appeared normal. Last year it happened once and the sequences were all acting up with lights coming on randomly, early, late, not at all, etc.  I unloaded, rebooted, and it went away. I thought it was gone, but concerned I saw it just now while testing. My computer was disconnected from the internet when it happened. I am running 4.2.10Pro this year.

Bob or DevMike, if you have any information related to this I would love to know what to do. I was able to take a picture of the screen using my phone before I re-booted today. It also seems that the entire log from last night's show disappeared.

Thanks

I just got Chinese writing on my status log today. I stopped my schedule, requested a show on demand and the first line was Chinese. The font of the text from that moment on changed slightly too. I watched one sequence and it appeared normal. Last year it happened once and the sequences were all acting up with lights coming on randomly, early, late, not at all, etc.  I unloaded, rebooted, and it went away. I thought it was gone, but concerned I saw it just now while testing. My computer was disconnected from the internet when it happened. I am running 4.2.10Pro this year.

Bob or DevMike, if you have any information related to this I would love to know what to do. I was able to take a picture of the screen using my phone before I re-booted today. It also seems that the entire log from last night's show disappeared.

Thanks

I've tried a few things including suggestion from Bob and has not fix the issue. Only thing I haven't tried it using intensity files which is not an option for me at this time. My clients show does this every night sometimes twice a night. A 20sec stop when it happens is not the worse thing....sometimes it really freaks out and starts skipping songs and you won't know unless you listening or monitoring the status window. When that happens....only solution is to reboot.

@ Kevin can you try running multiple shows? Instead of Looping the same 15 songs for 6 hours make 2-3 separate shows @ 2-3hours each?

• Like 1

@ Kevin can you try running multiple shows? Instead of Looping the same 15 songs for 6 hours make 2-3 separate shows @ 2-3hours each?

I haven't tried that....will try to run on test PC and see if that helps.

Edited by CLD Kevin

I have the same problem to, seems to happen after 4 1/2 hours. Please let me know if someone finds a fix. I have just the Chinese writing. Once the computer found a problem and rebooted the show froze and there was an awful sound coming out of the speakers. Thank God I was home to fix.

I have tried running two shows last night and it happened one hour into the second show(approximately the same time, six hours, from when the first show began). The second show did not even have any of the same sequences or animations running as the first show. I unloaded LOR and re-opened for it to go away. It seems that it only happens during a show. I have opened a new ticket with LOR and they are sending it over to the Software Development Team. I really hope we can get it resolved soon. I could not copy and paste the log either, it just pastes as bunches of question marks to Notepad or Word.

To copy the log, don't click on the "copy" button. Highlight the area and use the keyboard short-cut (Ctl-C). Paste it into a word doc. Notepad won't recognize the symbols.

Edited by CLD Kevin

Keeping those who are having this issue updated.

Bob had me try a modified version on LORTray yesterday but was unsuccessful.

He had me try another modified version of LORTray and LORMonitor this morning and was horribly worse. Show locked up right after the 2nd song and then every other song and started skipping songs. I sent screen captures.

Edited by CLD Kevin

That sucks Kevin.  Dozens of people are having the same issue on the LOR users FB page.  It's weird LOR can't replicate the issue.  Did you have the same issues for Halloween?

No....because my show ran only 30mins 3x a night. However, after this issue came up, I ran my Halloween show on a constant loop and it did it. Right at the 5hr marker. Same as the other shows.

That FB page is pretty brutal but did see in that mess someone pointed out that a possible work around. Instead of a constant loop.....list the same songs in order repeatedly . So if you have 12 songs, list those same 12 songs in show editor over and over creating like a 72 song list. I don't think that will work but will try it.

That FB page is pretty brutal but did see in that mess someone pointed out that a possible work around. Instead of a constant loop.....list the same songs in order repeatedly . So if you have 12 songs, list those same 12 songs in show editor over and over creating like a 72 song list. I don't think that will work but will try it.

That is the same work around we are recommending right now for the 'Show get's to the end and then doesn't loop back' problem.  

That Facebook group shows what happens when no one moderates a community.  IMHO it's best to make a few customers mad (and possibly lose a few sales) than let things devolve like that ;)

Just in case anyone is wondering, we have NOTHING TO DO with that Facebook group at all.  

EDIT:  I have obviously not worded this very well from the responses that have been posted.  In a nut shell I am NOT saying it is ok if we loose customers because of this issue with the software, I am talking about the unmoderated nature of Facebook and loosing customers from here if they are rude.  I ask that you please read the message from me further down that attempts to explain what I meant to say rather than what I actually said.

That Facebook group shows what happens when no one moderates a community.  IMHO it's best to make a few customers mad (and possibly lose a few sales) than let things devolve like that ;)

Just in case anyone is wondering, we have NOTHING TO DO with that Facebook group at all.  

There's a recent post by "Dan Baldwin" in that group, and there's some thought that it may not be authentic. Can you confirm or deny that the real Dan Baldwin wrote that post?  If not, he should probably report the account to FB as an imposter.

I wouldn't expect an unofficial FB group to be moderated in the same way a vendor forum is. In general I hang out there to have some fun and hopefully help with some folk's issues along the way.

Haven't been on these 'official' forums (or any other forum for that matter) much at all in the past year or so but I do get on FB regularly so it's nice to have some contact with the community, even if it's dysfunctional lol.

• Like 1

IMHO it's best to make a few customers mad (and possibly lose a few sales) than let things devolve like that ;)

That's being very Professional.

• Like 1