Light-O-Rama Forums

Now that it's over...

rrobinson

It's time to start taking down the lights and packing away the mess. On to the big question: What are you planning to do with your boards during the "off-season"?

I was toying with the idea of setting up a card in my patio. I am in Texas, and we love our patios, especially for the BBQ. I thought, since I am going to build an outdoor bar, why not include some lighting, and use something like LORVis for fun.

Looking for your ideas too...

Happy New Year

-- Randy

Putting them away except for 1 I'll keep out with my DC-MP3 in hopes that the sync issue gets resolved during the off season.

last year I used one of my controllers to syncronize a few things.. one channel ran my pool pump while the other ran my solar heater pump. (they couldn't run at the same time due to backflushing through the solar lines. I also used them for the landscape lighting. I was just experiment a bit but everything worked great.. I'm not sure if I will do the same this year maybe find some other things to do.

Last year we hosted a wedding for a niece in our backyard and I used my four 20’ light arches for part of the decorations. I used them like leaping water in conjunction with a flower garden. Great eye-catching effect which worked well with a receptions dinner.

Two years ago I setup a display for a graduation party with lights in trees and bushes synchronized to popular songs.

It is fun to setup a 4th of July display for the amazement of family and friends. This is especially good in Arizona where fireworks are illegal. I have a few ideas for this years display that, hopefully, will simulate fireworks. I have a waving US flag planned for the roof too.

I haven’t done a Halloween display (yet)…but I have seen some great ideas of ‘singing’ pumpkins and jumping ghosts that would be fun to construct and synchronized.

Oh you could setup LOR controlled lights for a dance that would flash to the different frequencies of the music (like a Color Organ). I haven’t tried this free software yet, but now that Christmas is over I am going to see what it will do. http://www.nopotatos.com/LORVis/

- Dave

mine are staying put where they are mounted in the garage. I am going to mess around with relays a little and see if I can figure out how to make them work the way I want.

Also gonna get 2 maybe 3 more controllers.

I think my expertise with relays may be another year off and I need the extra channels to hoppefully get to 100,000 lights.

Neil

DaveK wrote:

Last year we hosted a wedding for a niece in our backyard and I used my four 20’ light arches for part of the decorations. I used them like leaping water in conjunction with a flower garden. Great eye-catching effect which worked well with a receptions dinner.

Two years ago I setup a display for a graduation party with lights in trees and bushes synchronized to popular songs.

It is fun to setup a 4th of July display for the amazement of family and friends. This is especially good in Arizona where fireworks are illegal. I have a few ideas for this years display that, hopefully, will simulate fireworks. I have a waving US flag planned for the roof too.

I haven’t done a Halloween display (yet)…but I have seen some great ideas of ‘singing’ pumpkins and jumping ghosts that would be fun to construct and synchronized.

Oh you could setup LOR controlled lights for a dance that would flash to the different frequencies of the music (like a Color Organ). I haven’t tried this free software yet, but now that Christmas is over I am going to see what it will do. http://www.nopotatos.com/LORVis/

- Dave
I was looking something to do this Summers with my equipment now I know I thing I go to love that programme .Is go to be nice for this summer around my swimming pool and BBQ.with cold beer PARTY Thank Daniel:dude:

Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor...

I plan on playing with mine in the off season. It has not shipped yet.

iresq wrote:

Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor...

I plan on playing with mine in the off season. It has not shipped yet.

I thought the Japanese bombed pearl Harbor, not the Germans.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

We're just the guys to do it.

But you can't hold a whole [forum] responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole [LOR] system?

And if the whole [LOR] system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our [synchronized lighting community] in general?

I put it to you, Greg - isn't this an indictment of our entire [Christmas decorating] society?

Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!