Light-O-Rama Forums

superstar wont open

kingfish

just purchased superstar got ney key went into sequence editor  copy and paste and it says now i have superstar. restarted computer but superstar does not open , restart comp again still no superstar, what am i doing wrong

• Like 1

This is exactly why I am on the forum tonight, as well.  I can click the shortcuts for SuperStar all day long, but nothing happens.  I even right-clicked the LOR control panel and tried to start it that way, but nothing happens.  Help! Help!

One of the early versions of 4.x series had a bug. If it was the FIRST time you installed ANY version of the LOR software, and you just happened to be installing that specific version, you would not be able to open the Superstar Editor.

The fix ... simply install any other version of the software. Preferably one version lower than what you have. Then re-install the version you are running now.

(If you're running a 3.x version, then I'd have to think of something else.)

Either one, or both of you send me an email at brian@superstarlights.com and I would like to remote into your computer and figure it out.

Also, what version of the software are you running?

Also, thanks for replying Don. The most recent release of S4 has that bug fixed. In other words, they can install 4.2.6 and that bug will be fixed. But I think they are experiencing a different bug. I think the shortcuts are invalid, its not that superstar is crashing, its that it won't even try to launch. But I need more info from them to know for sure.

Do you mean 4.1.2 ?

The "superstar crash bug" was in version 4.1.2 so that is probably what you are experiencing. Get the most recent release and that should fix it. Go to the lightorama main page, hover your mouse over "Support" then click on "Download", scroll down a bit and click on "Download Software" button. This will download v4.2.6

kingfish, good, glad you got to work.

quintank, is superstar still failing to launch for you? If so, what version are you running?

I was registered in S3 at advanced level with superstar add on with 4 CCR's and just purchased an upgrade to pro.

After downloading and installing the latest version of S4 - version 4.2.10 Superstar won't open. At first I just loaded S4 without deleting S3. I thought the shortcuts might be incorrect so I deleted LOR fully and tried to reinstall S4 and still no superstar.

Is there a version of S4 that still works with superstar.

Are you launching from the menu that is accessed through the Start Button? If so, sometimes when you go from S3 to S4 there will be a bad superstar launch link in the menu. The bad menu link is usually a different color. In the same menu there should be another menu link that works.

Have you tried launching from the Control Panel? (the control panel is the menu that pops up when you click on the light bulb in the lower right corner of your screen)

I tried to launch from the control panel, I also made sure there were no LOR shortcuts remaining in the start menu when I uninstalled S3, Ive tried to do a clean install of S4 - version 4.2.10 twice with no luck. I've just installed S4 - version 4.2.6 and now I can open PE. This forum is for PE but with version 4.2.10 I also lost access to SS as well as the visualizer.

I'm thinking that the programs are there, but the links are bad. You can manually make some links. But I would also submit a help ticket to LOR. It sounds like an installer issue.

To manually make the links you need to find the folder with all the programs in it, right click on the program and there should be an option to "create shortcut", What operating system are you running? Is in Window's 8 ?