Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Editor & Standalone Show Players

bbrescia

When LOR adopted Pixel Editor, did it also consider allowing for its standalone player to control the entire show? How about Raspberry PI? Is there any possibility of using my already-bought LOR G3MP3 player anymore? Or is it now headed to the back bench?

Thanks!

Bob

Mike, this i great news! So just update the device with G3-MP3 5.32 version firmware and it will play those sequences with Pixel Editor-generated data?

Thanks!

Bob

Yes, as long as you have PRO, and properly create the SD card using the MP3 tab of the Hardware Utility.  On the last screen it will ask if you want to include Enhanced Files for a port.  Be sure that it is selected.

As always, more information is in the Help File.

Mike, I forgot to ask a detail: the G3MP3 has 2 outputs (CAT5 type). Does one of these then go to the LOR controllers while the other output goes to a network switch and then on to my non-LOR E1.31 based controllers?

Mike, I forgot to ask a detail: the G3MP3 has 2 outputs (CAT5 type). Does one of these then go to the LOR controllers while the other output goes to a network switch and then on to my non-LOR E1.31 based controllers?

However you want to set it up.  It can run 2 DMX, 2 LOR, or 1 and 1.  The help file will tell you what the program will select to run on each port.